Northampton takes Gold...
Come to the University of Northampton and you will see that we do things a bit differently.
As one of the few universities to be ranked Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), we know that sharing knowledge, supporting creativity and striving to make a positive difference will change the future. What motivates us is the drive to help people make the changes that will transform their lives – people like you.
Join us this September and you’ll be one of the first students using our brand new £330 million Waterside Campus and get one of the most comprehensive student support packages in the UK.
Limited places are still available in our Halls of Residence – contact us today to find out more.
New University Campus
At Northampton we immerse you in your chosen subject from day one. You will be working on problems and projects that will give you practical insight that will stay with you throughout your learning journey and after you graduate.
Your learning takes place at our new £330 million campus or one of our specialist learning facilities. Designed around the needs of our students, the new campus incorporates:
- 24/7 library access
- Specialist learning facilities
- Sports facilities
- Brand new Students’ Union
- Restaurants and cafes
Student support package
We want you to concentrate on achieving your full potential and making the most of your time at university, which is why we support you with all of this...
- The choice of a HP laptop, accommodation discount or on campus credit included in your fees*
- Download Microsoft Office (including Word, Powerpoint and Excel) for free
- Free sports and societies for all students
- Exclusive gym discount
- Printing credits
For more information on this and more...
Your support network
Looking for Accommodation?
Rooms are still available
During your time with us we’re there at every step with dedicated staff supporting in all areas of university life.
- Personal Academic Tutor who is responsible for overseeing your academic and personal development
- Free courses to develop your academic skills
Work & employability:
- Dedicated work placements support team
- UniTemps staff will help you find paid work
- Develop the workplace skills you need for your chosen career with our Employability Team
Social life & living on campus:
- Students’ Union provide
- Free sports clubs and societies and offer advice, support and representation
- Dedicated support team for students living in Halls of Residence
- On campus Multi Faith Chaplaincy
- Fantastic student services teams providing advice and support with finance, funding, counselling and mental health
- If you have any additional needs our ASSIST team is here to help
A warm welcome
Before you even arrive on campus we’re here to help. If there’s anything you need during your application our dedicated study team are here to answer your questions.
Online study skills course
To make sure you settle into university life without any worries, we run online courses over the summer so that you can begin to develop some of the skills you’ll use during your degree.
You’re a UON alumni for life, which means we’re always here to help.
20% off Masters tuition*
And it doesn’t stop after you’ve graduated either, every graduate who achieves a 2.1 or higher is guaranteed entry onto one of our Masters programmes, meaning you can take advantage of our 20% alumni discount on your Masters tuition fee!
Continued career advice
We also want to make sure you find the work you want which is why all of our alumni get lifelong access to our careers service, just in case you ever need to call on us for a little CV help or interview pointers.
Learn about clearing
What you need to know about Clearing
The first thing you need to know about Clearing is that it isn’t complicated – and we’re here to guide you through it.
Clearing is a service that UCAS offers, enabling universities to fill remaining spaces on their courses and giving you the opportunity to find a place at university.
The idea is that you look at our courses and identify the ones that interest you. You then contact us directly on 01604 214808, to see if we can offer you a place.
You’ll need to give us your Clearing number (which you’ll find on the ‘welcome’ and ‘choices’ pages in Track, and your Personal ID number; which lets us see your application online.
Before you call
Before you call us, please ensure that you:
- Have your UCAS ID and clearing number handy
- Have full details of all your relevant qualifications to hand, including your final marks, and any details of projects, essays or modules that you think are particularly relevant to your chosen course.
- Have up to date contact details that you can give the university in case we need to get in touch with you at short notice.