Before you arrive
Our Before you Start checklist contains all the things which you may need to do prior to commencing your studies at the University.
Note: Some of the below might not apply depending on your student status and programme.
1. Read all your correspondence that we, or your partner college have sent you.
2. Meet the conditions of your offer and return any forms/information including:
- Module Choice
- Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Disqualification Under Childcare Act
- Employer Declarations
- Occupational Health Form
- Paramedics C1 Driving Test
3. Get ready for Enrolment (once you have received your email invite) including:
- Face to Face Enrolment
4. View our halls information and complete an online application.
5. Contact ASSIST if you have any additional needs relating to disability, medical condition, autism, specific learning differences (like dyslexia) or a mental health difficulty including if you will need assistance during arrival.
6. Check that your University or College Payment Advice has the correct university and programme. If this is not correct, then contact Student Finance England (or your local funding authority) immediately.
7. If you are paying your own fees (rather than a tuition fee loan) you will need to make payment:
8. Set up your University Account (once you have received your email invite).
9. Contact admissions if your personal information or circumstances have changed since you confirmed your place at the University of Northampton.
11. Get ready to move away from home and for life at University.
12. Read our Welcome Guide 2020/21 (PDF, 5MB)
Our campus is safe and secure in relation to Covid-19. This includes implementing campus flow strategies (e.g. entry and exit points), cleaning, sanitisation points, signage and screening. It is imperative that all students adhere to government guidance and university requirements should you be studying on campus, living in halls or attending campus:
- Do not attend face-to-face enrolment sessions if you have symptoms, are self-isolating or are in quarantine. Please ensure that you complete the pre-enrolment process so that we can confirm your enrolment and only attend a face-to-face session once your isolation/quarantine has finished.
- If you are due to move into halls and have symptoms and/or are self-isolating then please contact the Accommodation Team to discuss your arrival options.
- Do not attend face-to-face teaching sessions if you have symptoms and/or are self-isolating. Please contact your programme leader to discuss how you can engage with your studies during this time.
- If you have moved into halls and have symptoms and/or are self-isolating then please contact the Residential Life team to discuss how we can support you during this period.
- If you have symptoms, are self-isolating or are in quarantine then please do not attend campus (e.g. to attend the library, use facilities) until your isolation/quarantine has finished.