About this policy
This policy explains what types of personal information will be gathered when you visit the University of Northampton’s website, and how this information will be used. Please note that this policy applies to the University’s main web pages (i.e. those in www.northampton.ac.uk).
If you follow a link to any other website, please check their policies before you submit any personal information to those websites.
On some parts of the website, you may be asked to provide some limited personal information in order to enable the provision of certain services (e.g. prospectus ordering, registering with a society, applying for a vacancy, etc). The University may store this information manually or electronically. By supplying this information you are consenting to the University holding and using it for the purposes for which it was provided. Information provided will be kept for as long as is necessary to fulfil that purpose.
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our digital services function. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns which does not identify any individual and allows us to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
How the information collected is used
Personal information provided to the University by you will only be used for the purposes stated when the information is requested. Personal information will not be sold to third parties, or provided to direct marketing companies or other such organisations without your permission. Personal information collected and/or processed by the University is held in accordance with the the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Demographical and statistical information about user behaviour may be collected and used to analyse the popularity and effectiveness of the University’s website. Any disclosure of this information will be in aggregate form and will not identify individual users.
How we store information collected
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share such information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of the University, its members or others.
How we use “cookies”
Most of our web pages use “cookies”. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we place on your computer or mobile device if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allow us to improve our website.
Access to information
The provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to access information held about you. For further information about this right and how to exercise it, please see the University’s Policy on Data Protection.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that the University does not claim any responsibility for the privacy practices of such other sites. The University encourages users to be aware and read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Any queries or concerns about privacy on this website should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to the Records Management Office, University of Northampton, University Drive, Northampton NN1 5PH.
- Admissions Partners Privacy Notice (PDF, 64 KB)
- Admissions Privacy Notice DBS Education Programmes (PDF, 173 KB)
- Admissions Privacy Notice DBS Health Programmes (PDF, 92 KB)
- Admissions Privacy Notice Non-DBS Programmes (PDF, 61 KB)
- Alumni Privacy Statement (PDF, 68 KB)
- Course Enquiries Privacy Statement (PDF, 67 KB)
- CRM Privacy Statement (PDF, 110 KB)
- Ecomms Privacy Statement (PDF, 72 KB)
- Events Privacy Statement (PDF, 78 KB)
- Office of Placements and Work-based Learning Privacy Statement (PDF, 142 KB)
- Off Payroll Workers Policy (Word, 352 KB)
- Postgraduate Thought Experience Survey (PTES) Privacy Notice (PDF, 69KB)
- Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES) Privacy Notice (PDF, 68KB)
- Scholarships Privacy Statement (PDF, 39KB)
- Schools & Colleges Liaison Privacy Statement (PDF, 145 KB)
- Social Media Privacy Statement (PDF, 68 KB)
- Stepping into University SOOC Privacy Notice (PDF, 103 KB)
- Student Privacy Notice (PDF, 145 KB)
- Student Reporting (PDF, 72 KB)
- University of Northampton Core Privacy Statement (PDF, 217 KB)