Welcome and Induction Week
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to our Waterside Campus as you prepare to start your studies with us. Welcome and Induction Week (Monday 23 September to Friday 27 September) is our chance to welcome you to our University community, get to know you and give you a flying start to successful study.
We’ve designed a programme of events and activities which includes:
- timetabled academic orientation programme focusing on your personal tutor group
- the opportunity to get to know the other students in your tutor group with your personal tutor
- enabling you to become familiar with the academic study expectations on your chosen programme
- learning about working, living and socialising together as members of the University of Northampton community
- helping you to find your way around the new Waterside Campus
- an individual session with your Personal Tutor.
Find your Welcome pack which includes important information about your programme and specific course events taking place during Welcome and Induction Week. There is a university wide Welcome and Induction week timetable that is open to everyone and will be available to view soon.
The Students’ Union work in close partnership with the University of Northampton and alongside your academic orientation there will be other activities to introduce you to the Students’ Union’s facilities, events, activities, sports clubs, societies and services. Union day is on Monday 23 September at Waterside Campus.
Welcome and Induction Week is an essential part of your academic orientation and all new students should attend. Please contact your Programme Leader immediately if you are unable to attend Welcome and Induction Week or any specific sessions.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.