Setting up your account
Once you have enrolled with us you will need to set up a secure account to access our computers and services. You will have a temporary password that you will need to change when setting up your account.
You will be asked to set three security questions that can be used as verification if you forget your password. Please make sure you that you select ‘submit’ after you have filled in the questions.
Your username is the University identification number shown on your student card. Your temporary password is made up of:
- your date of birth in a six digit date, month and year format
- the first two letters of your family name, with the first letter being a capital letter and the second letter being lower case
- the equals (=) sign
For example if your family name is Farmer and your date of birth is 8 October 1986, your password would be: 081086Fa=
After you have checked your login details, you must go to the user portal page to change your password. Your University login can be used to access any computer on campus and is needed to access:
- Northampton Integrated Learning Environment (NILE)
- Northampton Electronic Library Search ONline (NELSON)
- online library resources
If you forget your password, visit the user portal and select ‘Forgot Password’. If you have any problems resetting your password, please call the direct number for the IT Team on 01604 893333 or if you are an International Student based outside of the UK, please email Int_ITSupport@northampton.ac.uk.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.