Setting up your University account
The University provides you with many online services and resources which you can access by using your University account.
- Your University account consists of a your university email address and a password.
- For some systems your Username will be your student number which will be provided.
How to set up your account and change your password
- Click on Student Hub on the top right
- You must enter your university email address as your Username name
- You must enter your temporary password. This is made up of:
- your date of birth in a six digit date, month and year format
- the first two letters of your family name, with the first letter being a capital letter and the second letter being lower case
- the = sign
- For example if your family name is Farmer and your date of birth is 8 October 1986, your password would be: 081086Fa=
- Please now set a new password, once this is done you will return to the login page
- Sign on again with your email address and new password
- You will then be prompted to complete the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) setup
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Student Guide
- You can now access the University Student Hub
Once you enrol with the University your account will be fully activated and you will be able to use it to access your course materials via NILE, read full-text online books and journal articles via NELSON, borrow loanable laptops and library books and connect to the University WIFI.
Your university account will also be used to access the student hub where you can find all the information you should need to support you as a student. You will find links to timetabling, IT Services and your university email. The student hub has information about how to access your free version of Office 365 and your 1TB of online storage on Onedrive.
You can access the University student WIFI (UoN_Student) by using your University account username and secure password.
I have forgotten my password
If you forget your password you can reset it by visiting the User Portal and clicking on the Forgot password? link. You will be asked to answer 2 of your security questions and then prompted to set up a new secure password.
I have forgotten the answers to my security questions
If you forget the answers to your security questions you will need the IT Service Team help you to have temporary access to your account (this will enable you to set up a new secure password and you must also ensure that you reset the answers to your security questions so that you know them for the future).