Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
All students taking the courses listed below must complete an online enhanced Disclosing and Barring Service (DBS) application – formerly known as a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check. You should complete the online application before you commence your course. Please read our instructions in the downloads section at the bottom of the page which include full details on how to complete the online application.
You can pay your fee online through our Finance Payment Portal.
A fee is payable for the following courses:
- Childhood and Youth (BA)
- Early Childhood Studies (BA)
- Primary Education QTS (BA)
- Schools Direct Students
- Special Educational Needs and Inclusion (BA)
There is no fee for these courses:
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health (MSc)
- Counselling (MSc)
- Counselling Children and Young People (MSc)
- Dental Nursing (FdSc)
- Early Years QTS (BA)
- Health and Social Care (FdSc)
- Midwifery (BSc)
- Nursing (BSc)
- Occupational Therapy (BSc)
- Podiatry (BSc)
- Paramedic Science (BSc)
- Return to Practice
- Social Care and Community Practice (BA)
- Social Work (BA and MA)
- Sport Rehabilitation and Conditioning (BSc)
- Sports Development (BA)
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.