Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
All students taking the courses listed below must complete an online enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application – formerly known as a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check. You must complete the online application and receive clearance (or been otherwise accepted) before you start your course. Please read our instructions in the downloads section at the bottom of the page which include full details on how to complete the online application.
You can pay your fee online through our Finance Payment Portal.
A fee is payable for the following courses:
- Childhood and Youth (BA)
- Early Childhood Studies (BA)
- Primary Education QTS (BA)
- Schools Direct Students
- Special Educational Needs and Inclusion (BA)
There is no fee for these courses:
- Applied Social Care (Joint Honours)
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health (MSc)
- Counselling (MSc)
- Counselling Children and Young People (MSc)
- Dental Nursing (FdSc)
- Health and Social Care (FdSc)
- Midwifery (BSc)
- Nursing (all branches) (BSc)
- Occupational Therapy (BSc)
- Paramedic Science (BSc)
- Podiatry (BSc)
- Return to Practice
- Social Care and Community Practice (BA)
- Social Work (BA and MA)
- Sport Coaching (BSc)
- Sport Development and Physical Education (BA)
- Sport Rehabilitation and Conditioning (BSc)
Our new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.