Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
All students taking the courses listed below must complete an online enhanced Disclosing and Barring Service (DBS) application – formerly known as a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check. You should complete the online application before you commence your course. Please read our instructions which include full details on how to complete the online application.
You can pay your fee online through our Finance Payment Portal.
A fee is payable for the following courses:
- Childhood and Youth (BA)
- Early Childhood Studies (BA)
- Primary Education QTS (BA)
- Schools Direct Students
- Special Educational Needs and Inclusion (BA)
There is no fee for these courses:
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health (MSc)
- Counselling (MSc)
- Counselling Children and Young People (MSc)
- Dental Nursing (FdSc)
- Early Years QTS (BA)
- Health and Social Care (FdSc)
- Midwifery (BSc)
- Nursing (BSc)
- Occupational Therapy (BSc)
- Podiatry (BSc)
- Paramedic Science (BSc)
- Social Care and Community Practice (BA)
- Social Work (BA and MA)
- Sports Development (BA)
Foundation Study Framework Programmes
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is not required for the first year of your Foundation Study Framework, however, to proceed into your second year you will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and have satisfactory clearance in order to undertake placements. This check will be initiated at the end of your first year of study.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching
- Full range of integrated learning environments
- 24/7 library and learning zone
- Low environmental impact