Pre-sessional English Programme (PEP) – Research Degrees
1 year full time
1 year full time
Get in touch
For questions regarding study and admissions please contact us:
UK/EU Students enquiries
International Students enquiries
The University of Northampton Pre-sessional English Programme (PEP) for research degree students is designed to develop your confidence and competence as a user of English at the level needed for research degree study.
Successful completion of the programme will demonstrate that you have met the University of Northampton’s English language entry criteria for research degree study.
- Demonstrate that you have met the University of Northampton’s English language entry criteria.
- Build your confidence, competence and level of English language speaking.
- improve your English to the level needed for progression to a postgraduate research degree
- study using authentic and relevant academic materials and learning activities
- engage with the university’s research community through a range of structured opportunities
- benefit from regular feedback, including individual tutorials and Personal Progress Reports
- complete private study tasks that focus on your own research ideas
- extend your familiarity with the process of completing a postgraduate research degree
20/21 Tuition Fees – Home and International
Fees quoted relate to study in the Academic Year 21/22 only and may be subject to inflationary increases in future years.
- 6 Weeks: £2,000
- 11 Weeks: £3,400
- 39 Weeks: £10,800
Tuition Fees 20/21
- 4 Week session – £1,000
- 6 Week session – £2,000
- 11 Week session – £3,400
- 17 Week session – £5,400
- 28 Week session – £8,800
- 39 Week session – £10,800
With a focus on academic English, the programme aims to improve your language skills using materials and activities that are relevant and meaningful for progression to research degree study. This keeps your experience engaging, whilst equipping you with the linguistic competence to interrogate published academic works and to articulate complex ideas with confidence and accuracy.