Our campus: Keeping you safe
The Waterside Campus and our halls of residence were open for the start of the new academic year in September 2020. We have in place social distancing and hygiene measures on campus in line with our promise to create a University estate that is as safe and secure as possible for all students. The library and other social and sporting facilities are open, subject to relevant social distancing rules.
Teaching is currently a mix of face-to-face with online provision, and you can be sure both your face-to-face and online experience will be of the highest quality. This is because, prior to the pandemic, we devised a flexible method of teaching – supported by an award-winning learning environment – called Active Blended Learning. This exciting way of teaching is one reason why, in 2017, we were ranked Gold – the highest possible standard – in the Government’s review of university teaching. You can read more about Active Blended Learning.
Thanks to Active Blended Learning, the University of Northampton was able to respond quicker than most to the challenges of the COVID19 pandemic. In this digital age it remains one of our greatest strengths and makes studying with us a dynamic and highly relevant experience that is second to none. The academic, professional and employability skills and knowledge you’ll gain will be of the highest, externally benchmarked standards. More importantly, they’ll prepare you for making your way successfully in a constantly changing world.
In short, what you can expect from us are the highest levels of quality education – something we have worked toward for years. We bring you the very best learning and teaching. We will adapt. We will deliver. We will transform lives and inspire change – together.
- Returning and new students who have enrolled can find additional advice, guidance our Academic and Assessment FAQ’s on the Student Hub (student login required).
- Returning and new students who have enrolled should bookmark our student hub page (student login required) – which contains important forms you must complete if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or had a positive test for COVIC-19.
- Read our position on the use of face coverings and visors while on campus.
- Staff can see the latest advice and guidance on the staff intranet (staff login required).
- Students can see the latest advice, guidance and Covid symptom and positive result forms on the student hub (student login required).
- Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest Government advice, which is updated regularly and includes details of ‘Test and Trace’.
We have adapted our campus to keep our community as safe as possible, ahead of face-to-face activities resuming. In this video, Becky Bradshaw – our Director of Estates and Campus Services – shows the measures we’ve taken and what to do as you travel to and work at UON.
Members of the community are welcome to enjoy the outdoor public spaces and riverside walks at the Waterside Campus. Please be aware of, and adhere to, government guidance around social distancing. Our on campus shop remains open to the public, but we’re afraid that we’re not yet in a position to welcome the community into our buildings to our catering facilities just yet.
Members of the community can contact the University with questions and seek reassurance in relation to the University response to the COVID-19 pandemic through our Community Forum. To share feedback, or raise a questions, or to register an interest in joining future meetings of the community forum, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.