The Forest School provides access to play spaces and the natural environment and gives children the opportunity to learn within a safe woodland environment.
The Forest School provides opportunities to further enhance the University’s relationship with local schools, and is a valuable resource for staff and students. The Forest School does this by:
- allowing schools with trained Forest School Leaders to use the site at Park Campus
- providing, for an appropriate fee, a trained Forest School Leader for schools who wish to use the site, but do not have a Forest School Leader
- enabling students and practitioners to experience teaching in outdoor environments
- developing a research profile in this area, building upon existing undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations
- providing placement opportunities for students when children are visiting the site
The Forest School can be used by local education establishments free of charge. If you are a student at the University of Northampton you can also undertake volunteering work at the Forest School.
For further information, or to find out how you can get involved, please email Gillian Sykes.