The Students’ Union helps to ensure that your time at the University is fulfilling and unforgettable. You automatically become a member when you enrol and it’s completely free. The Union provides access to a range of services and facilities.
Whilst the Union is regarded as a hub of entertainment, it also provides representation, services, opportunities and guidance to all students at the University of Northampton.
The Union is run by five full-time elected sabbatical officers as well as a number of part-time elected officers who are current students of the University. These include representatives for international, postgraduate and mature students, sports and societies, equality and diversity, ethics and environment and fundraising. At the SU we have the following five service areas:
- Sports Clubs
- Academic Advice
- Academic Advocacy
- Elected Officers
We also have commercial activity on Waterside Campus, in the town centre and at Boughton Green Road halls of residence.
- The Engine Shed (Waterside Campus) – Café and student social space
- The Art Shop (Waterside Campus)
- The Platform Club (George Row, Town Centre)
- The Platform Café (George Row, Town Centre)
- UniExpress (Boughton Green Road Halls) – Convenience store
The Students’ Union have been presented with various high profile awards over the years, confirming the Union as being a safe venue with effective policies on drink, drugs, crime prevention, fire, security and first aid. The organisation has also won national awards for its environmental sustainability.
Our new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.