Park and Ride
Since 2018, the University has partnered with Uno to operate a park and ride facility for staff, students and visitors. Located at Sixfields, Edgar Mobbs Way (NN5 5JT), only two miles from Waterside Campus, this is the primary University parking option for commuting students Monday – Friday.
Parking is free with payment required for the park and ride bus only – operated by Uno – at a fare of £1 for a daily return for students and staff (show your University ID).
The park and ride buses provide free Wi-Fi, and run every 20 minutes to Waterside (peak term times), providing quick reliable bus travel to the University campus.
If you are travelling to the Innovation Centre, St Johns Halls or the Development Hub you can use the park and ride service, take the 18 Uno service and alight at the relevant stop (the Innovation Centre/Rail Station or Waterside). If travelling to St George’s Avenue you can take the 18 bus to the town centre and then board the 19 or 19A at the bus station to Barrack Road/St George’s Avenue.
For the latest timetable, please visit Uno Buses.
Sixfields Park and Ride
- Opens: All year (subject to term time changes, public holidays etc).
- Location: Claret Car Park and the Saints Car Park, Edgar Mobbs Way, Sixfields, NN5 5JR.
- Number of parking spaces: Approximately 1500.
- Open to: University staff, students and visitors.
- Cost: Park for free and ride the bus for £1 return (show your University ID or pay full fare).
- Payment: Pay on bus, contactless or Uno app.
- Frequency (peak time): Every 20 minutes Monday – Friday.
- Route: West – East shuttle service including the rail station, town centre and Waterside.
- Opening hours: 6am – 10:30pm, Monday – Friday (no overnight stays).
- Security: Town Centre CCTV system.
- Ultramodern buses: Free Wi-Fi, USB charging, and low emissions (subject to change, dependant on vehicle availability).
- Real time information: See when your next bus is going to arrive.
Find information about the Accessibility of these car parks on the AccessAble website: