Keeping You Safe on Campus
Safety and Security at the University of Northampton
Whether you’re a student, member of staff, visiting the campus, or living around our campus, we want you to feel safe. We have a 24/7 University Security Team, who work closely with the University Police Team, who are here to help keep you and your possessions safe, as well as give you helpful advice on personal safety.
- Download our General Emergency Evacuation Plan (PDF 43.1 KB)
- Download our Student Survival Guide (PDF, 2MB)
- Waterside: 01604 892269
- Scholars Green Student Village on Boughton Green Road: 01604 893839
- St John’s Halls and House: 01604 892941
- Emergency Support: 01604 892777
- Email: CampusSecurity@northampton.ac.uk
UON Police Team
The University of Northampton
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone (non-urgent): Report a non-urgent crime by calling 101 and ask them to make the University Police Team aware.
- Telephone (anonymously): Report a crime anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visiting the Crimestoppers website.
- Emergency contact: In an emergency always dial 999.
- Website: www.northants.police.uk for more information.
- Social Media: @CampusSecurity_ and @UONPolice on Twitter.
Download the SafeZone app
We want to keep you, your friends, and your colleagues as safe as you do, and so the University is offering you the opportunity to download the free Safezone app for your smartphone.
Safezone will make sure you can call for help and assistance when you need it at the touch of a button, giving you fast access to security whenever and wherever you are on campus. SafeZone also allows you to easily check in and share your location on campus if you choose to – for example if you are working alone or at night.
If you need medical assistance or help, you can immediately contact the security team through the app who will respond immediately. We can also use the app to contact you in the unlikely situation that there is an incident on campus that requires building closures or evacuation such as a fire.
Ask us a question 24/7
Scan our QR code using your phone camera to chat to us on WhatsApp
or use the direct link on your device.