Professor Nick Petford DSc
In accordance with the Articles of Government, the Vice Chancellor is responsible for:
- Leadership of the staff and appointment, grading and appraisal of staff
- Preparation of the budget and draft financial statements
- Determination of University’s academic activities
- Maintenance of student discipline
- Drafting and implementing the Strategic Plan
The Vice Chancellor’s leadership of the staff involves the line management of the Chief Operating Officer and Deputy Vice Chancellor. The Vice Chancellor also chairs the University Management Team, which meets fortnightly.
The current organisational structure of the University is available for download.
The Vice Chancel Bye-laws; and is a senior post holder. The Vice Chancellor is ex officio both the Chair of the University Senate and a Governor, being the only member of the University Management Team on the Board of Governors. The Vice Chancellor is also the Accounting Officer under the arrangements for access to public funds supervised through the regulator, the Office for Students.
Expenses for 2019/2020
Expenses for 2018/2019
Expenses for 2017/2018
Expenses for 2016/2017
Expenses for 2015/2016
Expenses for 2014/2015
Expenses before 2014