University Leadership Team
How we are managed
The University’s organisational structure is as follows:
Professor Anne-Marie Kilday, Vice Chancellor, is line managed by the Chair of the Board of Governors and line manages:
- Professor Shân Wareing, Deputy Vice Chancellor: email@example.com
- Becky Bradshaw, Chief Operating Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janet Baines, Director of Finance and Planning: email@example.com
- Owen Morris, Head of Public Relations and Corporate Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members of the Office of the Vice Chancellor Support Team
Professor Shân Wareing, Deputy Vice Chancellor line manages:
- Karen Jones, Dean of Faculty of Business and Law: email@example.com. Responsible for the leadership of the Faculty of Business and Law
- Martin Perfect, Director of Student Futures: firstname.lastname@example.org. Responsible for student volunteering, careers and employability, placements, work-based learning, alumni and supporter relations
- Chris Powis, Director of Library, Learning and Student Services: email@example.com. Responsible for the University’s library, student and staff academic skills development and the University’s virtual learning environment, NILE and the University’s Student Services functions
- Dr Jacob Saranga, Dean of Faculty of Health, Education and Society: firstname.lastname@example.org. Responsible for the leadership of the Faculty of Health, Education and Society
- John Sinclair, Dean of Faculty of Art, Science and Technology: email@example.com. Responsible for the leadership of the Faculty of Arts, Science and Technology
- Dr Cathy Smith, Dean of Research and Knowledge Exchange: firstname.lastname@example.org. Operational responsibility for the oversight of the University’s research and enterprise (including the University’s preparations for national research assessment exercises, the Research Institute and research and enterprise funding), the Graduate School and apprenticeships
Becky Bradshaw, Chief Operating Officer line manages:
- Peter Gregory, Director of Human Resources: email@example.com. Operational responsibility for human resources (including staff development)
- Matthew Haines, Director of Global Engagement: firstname.lastname@example.org. Operational responsibility for European Union and International student recruitment, academic partnerships and international student support
- Miriam Lakin, Associate Director – Governance, Compliance and Risk: email@example.com. University Governance, legal services, health and safety, business continuity, data protection and freedom of information (jointly line managed with the Chair of the Board of Governors)
- Julie Martin, Interim Academic Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org. Operational responsibility for student administration and the management of the quality of courses
- Sammy Massiah, Chief Information Officer: email@example.com. Operational responsibility for the University’s IT Services, Business Intelligence and Management Information team and the University’s Records Management Unit
- Tracey Russell, Director of Estates and Campus Services: firstname.lastname@example.org. Operational responsibility for estates and campus services, including timetabling and University-owned accommodation, and the lead for institutional Environmental Sustainability
- James Seymour, Director of Marketing and Student Recruitment: email@example.com. Operational responsibility for UK student recruitment and University marketing
The Vice Chancellor, the Deputy Vice Chancellor, the Chief Operating Officer, Deans and Directors form the University Leadership Team which meets weekly and considers matters relating to the strategic oversight of the University.
Register of Interests
The University is committed to maintaining the highest standards in the conduct of its business. This requires everyone associated with the University to conduct themselves with integrity, impartiality, honesty and professionalism at all times, and to avoid any conflict arising between their official University duties and their private interests.
Annually, members of the Board, external committee members, senior post holders and senior managers provide the University with information about their interests and activities outside the University.
This information is held by the Associate Director – Governance, Compliance and Risk and reviewed annually by the Audit and Risk Committee.