University Leadership Team
How we are managed
The University’s organisational structure is as follows:
Professor Anne-Marie Kilday, Vice Chancellor line manages:
- Becky Bradshaw, Chief Operating Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suzanne Forster, Chief Finance Officer email@example.com.
- Professor Shân Wareing, Deputy Vice Chancellor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members of the Office of the Vice Chancellor Support Team.
Professor Shân Wareing, Deputy Vice Chancellor line manages:
- Annette Devine, Interim Academic Registrar: email@example.com. Operational responsibility for student administration and the management of the quality of courses.
- Karen Jones, Dean of Faculty of Business and Law: firstname.lastname@example.org. Responsible for the leadership of the Faculty of Business and Law.
- Chris Powis, Director of Library and Learning Services: email@example.com. Responsible for the University’s library, student and staff academic skills development and the University’s virtual learning environment, NILE and has interim responsibility for the University’s Student Services functions.
- Dr Jacob Saranga, Dean of Faculty of Health, Education and Society: firstname.lastname@example.org. Responsible for the leadership of the Faculty of Health, Education and Society.
- John Sinclair, Dean of Faculty of Art, Science and Technology: email@example.com. Responsible for the leadership of the Faculty of Arts, Science and Technology.
- Dr Cathy Smith, Dean of Research, Impact and Innovation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Operational responsibility for the oversight of the University’s research (including the University’s preparations for national research assessment exercises, the Research Institute and research funding).
Becky Bradshaw, Chief Operating Officer line manages:
- Michelle Chodyniecki, Interim Director of Estates and Campus Services: email@example.com. Operational responsibility for estates and campus services and the lead for institutional Environmental Sustainability, Health and Safety, and Business Continuity.
- Wray Irwin, Director of Enterprise and Employability: firstname.lastname@example.org. Operational responsibility for Changemaker, student employability and enterprise development.
- Sammy Massiah, Chief Information Officer: email@example.com. Operational responsibility for the University’s IT Services, Business Intelligence and Management Information team and the University’s Records Management Unit.
- Deborah Mattock, Executive Director of Human Resources, Marketing and International Relations: firstname.lastname@example.org. Operational responsibility for human resources (including staff development), marketing, student recruitment and the University’s website.
- Professor Hastings McKenzie, Dean of Academic Partnerships: email@example.com. Provides academic and strategic direction and leadership in relation to the development of academic partnerships.
The Vice Chancellor, the Deputy Vice Chancellor, the Chief Operating Officer, Deans and Directors form the University Leadership Team (ULT) which meets fortnightly and considers matters relating to the strategic oversight of the University.
The Clerk to the Board of Governors, Miriam Lakin firstname.lastname@example.org is a senior post holder in accordance with the University Bye-Laws and is line managed directly by the Chair of the Board of Governors. The Clerk’s Office is co-located with the Office of the Vice Chancellor.
Register of Interests
The University is committed to maintaining the highest standards in the conduct of its business. This requires everyone associated with the University to conduct themselves with integrity, impartiality, honesty and professionalism at all times, and to avoid any conflict arising between their official University duties and their private interests.
Annually, members of the Board, external committee members, senior post holders and senior managers provide the University with information about their interests and activities outside the University.
This information is held by the Clerk to the Board of Governors and reviewed annually by the Audit Committee.
Download register of interests of University governors and senior managers.