Physiotherapy MSc (Pre-registration) Welcome Pack
Welcome to MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-registration) 2022.
We look forward to welcoming you in September of 2022. The MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-registration) programme is accredited by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and provides a unique approach, through active blended learning, to develop Physiotherapists with skills to become effective critical thinkers and practical problem-solvers, utilising an evidence-based approach.
In this programme, you will:
- Develop core skills of physiotherapy, underpinned by contemporary evidence base and utilising critical analysis to formulate assessment and treatments for a variety of complex clinical presentations.
- Gain a wide breadth of clinical practice experience across all sectors and specialities, with further opportunities to drive social impact.
- Experience working with physiotherapists from practice, service users, students and professionals within the Faculty of Health, Education & Society & your core academic team of physiotherapists.
- Through a variety of teaching methods, including inter-professional education, simulation, and digitally enhanced teaching framework, develop a focus on the holistic approach to patient-centred care
- Gain the tools and experience to become a critical thinking, problem solving, future oriented, contemporary physiotherapist.
- Upon completion, be eligible to apply for membership with the Health and Care Professions Council and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
Your Programme Leader
Senior Lecturer in Physiotherapy
Welcome and Induction
We would like to invite you to the MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-registration) pre-induction session. This online experience in the weeks leading up to the start of term will give you the chance to meet other students starting your course in September 2022, as well as your academic staff. The details of your programme specific experience are as follows:
You will engage with your programme academics, find out about the range of services that the University offers you to support your journey. You will also find a range of top tips to help you with your studies as well as have the opportunity to begin building friendship networks with other students.
- Date: 31 August 2022
- Time: 6pm – 7pm (BST)
- Link to join: https://eu.bbcollab.com/guest/2a892f662c314ba38944e4c60fc71566
A very warm welcome to the University of Northampton from the physiotherapy programme team. This is your induction timetable for the week commencing 12 September 2022, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact induction organiser Alex Mouzakitis email@example.com.
Please note sessions will run from 9am to 4.30pm as a general rule, specific times for each will be made available closer to induction.
Monday 12 September 2022
Location: Waterside campus, Ground floor Learning Hub (Student Services)
- AM – Enrolment Open from 09.30am -11.30am
Tuesday 13 September 2022
- AM – Welcome and introductions, Team building exercises/ group cohesion
- PM – Personal tutor group meetings, Completion of required forms if not already completed (Practical kit sizing/placement questionnaire/consent forms and TBL questionnaire), Individual personal tutor meetings*
Wednesday 14 September 2022
- AM – Introduction to NILE, Student and team vision/ expectations
- PM – Learning styles questionnaire and activities, Individual personal tutor meetings*, Release of workbooks
Thursday 15 September 2022
- AM – Library services introduction, Academic writing team introduction
- PM – Individual personal tutor meetings*, Critical appraisal of the evidence base
Friday 16 September 2022
- AM – Question and answer session from the week, Prioritisation of tasks & time-management
- PM – Individual personal tutor meetings*
*Please note that that individual personal tutor meetings are 30 minute individual virtual or face to face appointments with your personal tutor who will be allocated to you on Tuesday 13 September 2022. These can be during the induction week or week 1/2 after the induction week.
We proactively encourage a buddy system, students from all cohorts meeting each other. The date for this will be made available closer to induction.
At the University of Northampton, we use an Active Blended Learning (ABL) approach to learning. ABL combines face-to-face teaching with carefully designed digital experiences, allowing you to study at your own pace and in your own time. Here you will find a sample of the workbooks that will aid you in your self-directed learning. They are a taster to introduce you to some of the core concepts we will be exploring in the modules in Semester 1 and include a sample of suggested reading from your academic team. We encourage you to complete them in your own pace before you join us in the induction week.
You will be provided with a uniform for use in practical sessions. We will gather information on clothes sizes during induction week.
Enhancing skills, building networks, and engaging in the wider University community
As part of the required module learning outcomes, you will engage in Changemaker activities which will enhance your teamwork skills, abilities to develop and implement social change and understanding of the wider community needs. Upon completion of certain activities, you will receive a Changemaker award.
You will have full access to the university’s resources aimed at developing your professional and academic skills, as well as completing training on skills courses particularly relevant to physiotherapy, such as manual handling and basic life support.
The Physiotherapy MSc team have produced the below video to welcome you to the course.