Financial Support

Money can be a real concern for prospective students, but we are dedicated to ensuring you receive all the best possible financial support. These are just a few examples of support specific to Care Leavers and Estranged Students, however our Fees and Funding page has more detailed information for all students.

  • This non-means tested award of £1,500 per year is to help students from a care background or students who are estranged from their family with course and living costs whilst studying an undergraduate or postgraduate course.

    Financial support information

  • For UON care leaver graduates, this bursary fund aims to support you with potential graduation and interview costs as well as support your 1st step into graduate employment. Find more information about the Northamptonshire High Sheriff Bursary Fund.

    Find more information about the Northamptonshire High Sheriff Bursary Fund.

  • Work

    If you’re looking for some extra cash and flexible working hours to fit around your studies, you should sign up with our in-house recruitment agency, Unitemps. They can offer a wide range of paid part-time or full-time temporary work opportunities both on-campus and with local businesses.


    Local Authority Support

    Most local authorities such as borough, city or county councils will offer some form of financial support for Care Leavers or Estranged Adults from that local area.

    For example, Northamptonshire County Council provides a bursary of at least £2,000 for Care Leavers who go to university under the age of 25, and can provide support with travel costs to and from university at the start and end of term.

    NCC Care Leaver website

Our Campus