The Chancellor’s Fund
The Chancellor’s Fund is a bi-annual fund providing students with awards of between £100 and £1,000. You must be a current student to apply. The criteria for applications are:
- Training and Research – please note that the Fund will not usually consider awards towards the cost of primary research/equipment/training, however, awards may be considered towards conferences/training etc which enhances research/career development if these represent additional expenditure
- Extracurricular Activities, Volunteering or Sport linked to a clear positive social impact – please note that the Fund does not usually consider awards for applicants who are seeking funding for a volunteering project (in the UK or overseas) if raising funds is a pre-requisite for taking up a place on the project
- Priority Projects – linked to the University’s Strategic Plan, including new and innovative start-up projects where there is an opportunity for social impact. Please include details of the wider benefit to you, the University, and/or the community
Please note that the Fund is unable to cover the following:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation as part of attending University
- Travel to and from University or to placements or study trips which form part of a course of study
- Equipment or materials required for assessed work (including computers/laptops/tablets)
- Food and subsistence as these are essential costs
The Panel will judge applications against the following criteria:
- Relevance of the application to the criteria
- Quality of the application (eg presentation, communication of the proposed activity and costs)
- Potential impact of the award on the student, University or wider community (particularly in relation to the University’s Changemaker Challenges)
- Quality of the tutor’s supporting statement
Application deadlines are 30 October and 28 February each year.Download the application form
Terms and Conditions
For further information please see the Scholarship Terms and Conditions page.
Our new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.