We are committed to supporting the community, using staff and student expertise through a growing number of initiatives such as the Changemaker Credit Union and Pro Bono Advice Clinic. We also support the community by providing business and enterprise related advice. For more information please visit our Business and Enterprise pages.
The Changemaker Hub develop strategic partnerships with organisations in local, national and international communities that provide innovative paid and unpaid opportunities for students. This means our students gain employability skills and enhance their experience while also benefiting local businesses and communities.
Sharing resources, skills, time and expertise, we have a number of community initiatives to work towards meeting a social or environmental need and providing students with the opportunity to develop themselves as leaders of the future in a socially innovative way.
We work with:
- voluntary organisations
- community groups
- tenants and residents groups
- faith groups
- housing associations
- community interest companies
- co-operatives and social enterprises
- industrial and provident societies
- sports organisations
- grant making and charitable trusts
- companies limited by guarantee
- unincorporated groups
- private clubs
- public sector (such as the police, military, NHS trusts, public roads and transport, education, county and borough councils)
If you have a need or idea, are looking for volunteers, or just want to find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also provide an aspiration and achievement programme of events and activities for Northamptonshire schools. This is provided by Aspire Plus and linked to the Aspire Network.
The University’s UK Schools and Colleges Engagement Team also offers a variety of sessions and activities including workshops, presentations and events that are designed to engage with students, fully informing them about higher education to allow them to make an informed decision about their future.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching
- Full range of integrated learning environments
- 24/7 library and learning zone
- Low environmental impact