COVID-19 Updates: For advice and updates for staff, students, and applicants who may have concerns about the coronavirus outbreak please visit our Situation Updates page.

Private Sector Housing at UON

Help with private sector accommodation

We can help you to find suitable private rental properties. Our Housing Team produce a housing list on our Student Pad site that provides you with details of properties that meet our high safety standards.

If you live in private rented accommodation you may need to consider costs other than rent, for example utilities, including water and electricity, council tax and car parking.

The Private Sector Housing options are available on the Student Pad page. Please create your account using your University email address. You will be prompted by password. Please read the housing advice and watch the helpful videos prior to signing any documents. Please check our Private Sector Accommodation guide for more information on the Do’s and Don’ts of renting private accommodation.

Private Sector Housing help and advice

There is a small provision of Nursing accommodation at Northampton General Hospital, that is owned and managed by the Hospital. For further information please contact the Accommodation Office on 01604 545455.

International students

If you are an international student and want to live in private rented property, contact the Private Sector Housing Officer within Student Services to discuss your needs. There may be financial or cultural differences to renting in the UK and the Housing Team will be able to guide you through any unfamiliar processes and legal aspects.

If you are looking for accommodation with a host family, email To obtain a Housing Guarantor in UK visit the Housing Hand website.

If you are having difficulty finding somewhere to live, please contact International Students’ Support for advice and guidance.




We work in partnership with Northamptonshire County Council, Derby County Council and the Northampton Student Landlords Network (NSLN) to offer students a list of regulated private accommodation.

Our Campus