Health and Social Care CPD courses
Continuing Professional Development
Whether you are looking to progress your career or develop your skills, we have a number of continuing personal and professional development courses and postgraduate programmes for Healthcare and Social Care professionals.
Our healthcare short courses and CPD programmes cover a range of areas and are suitable for post-qualifying professionals looking to continue their personal and professional development, building their knowledge, skills, and professional practice.
The CPD programmes that we offer have been designed to provide a flexible approach to study. Students can either undertake standalone modules that are assessed and upon successful completion, students will receive credits towards a BSc or MSc. Or they can be study days that can be used for revalidation. Students can accumulate a number of study days, plus an assessment, to receive credits towards a BSc or MSc.
Virtual Career Clinic Drop-in
Are you a post-registration healthcare professional? Would you like to expand your knowledge and skills?
Join us for a dedicated virtual Career Clinic, hosted by our post-registration healthcare academics, to discuss your options to study CPD or postgraduate programmes. Register for one of our regular drop-in Clinics, taking place on the selected dates below, Tuesdays between 4pm and 6pm, to find out about the courses we offer and to ask your questions to the team.
To join our Career Clinics, you will need to register at one of the below dates.
Academic Year 22/23
- 13 December 2022
- 10 January 2023
- 14 February 2023
- 14 March 2023
- 11 April 2023
- 9 May 2023
- 13 June 2023
- 11 July 2023
How to apply for CPD study
You can find information about applying for Health CPD on our health CPD study apply page.
Visit our events page to see other postgraduate events that might be of interest to you.
Please email PGStudy@northampton.ac.uk if you have any questions.
More CPD workshops are being planned for 2022. Further information and booking forms will be available on this page closer to the time.
Continuing Professional Development Day for Healthcare Practitioners qualified in Examination of the Newborn (NIPE) (One day course)
- Date: Wednesday 2 November 2022
- Time: 8.30am – 5pm
- Venue: Waterside Campus, University of Northampton
- Cost: £150
This single CPD activity is suitable for healthcare practitioners currently qualified and skilled in the initial Examination of the Newborn (NIPE).
This one-day CPD workshop integrates a review and update of theoretical knowledge and practical application of the skills in examining the newborn baby who is being screened within 72 hours of birth. Practitioners will be supported by expert clinicians to further develop their skill-set in performing a holistic assessment of early neonatal health.
To register your interest, please visit the online shop.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Advanced Assessment and Clinical Reasoning
- Advanced Dementia Care
- Advancing Assessment and Reasoning Skills
- Advancing Practice in Action
- Assessment and Management of Minor Illness
- Assessment and Management of Minor Injury
- Diagnostic Reasoning for Practice
- Enhancing Advanced Practice
- The Examination of the Newborn
- The Lower Limb at Risk
- Non-Medical Prescribing Programme
- Postgraduate Certificate in Practice Education
- Progressing and Influencing Practice
- Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) Top-up BSc (Hons)
- Advanced Clinical Practice MSc
- Advancing Practice MSc
- Advanced Occupational Therapy MSc
- Doctor of Professional Practice in Health and Social Care
- Molecular Bioscience MSc
- Public Health MSc
- Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) (Top Up) MSc
- Specialist Community Public Health Nursing PGDip
- Social Work MA
- Youth and Community Leadership MA