COVID-19 Updates: For advice and updates for staff, students, and applicants who may have concerns about the coronavirus outbreak please visit our Situation Updates page.

Lost Passport and Visa in the UK

Your passport and UK visa (Biometric Residence Permit and Vignette) are very important documents and the process for replacing them if lost or stolen can be expensive and time-consuming. We recommend that you check all possible locations before reporting them as lost or stolen. We recommend that all students keep an electronic copy of both their passport and visa and keep them somewhere safe such taking a photograph of them and storing them in your email account. If you lose your passport and/or UK visa we recommend that you contact as soon as possible for further assistance.

If your BRP is lost or stolen

You can report your biometric residence permit (BRP) lost or stolen from inside or outside the UK. You can only order a replacement from inside the UK. You will not be able to use your BRP if you find it after you report it lost or stolen. If your lost or stolen BRP was valid for 3 months or more, report it and order a replacement online. You must do this within 3 months of losing it.

Please click on this link to access the online form.


Our brand new £330 million campus.

  • Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
  • Full range of integrated learning environments.
  • 24/7 library and learning zone.
  • Low environmental impact.

Now Open

Discover the campus

360° Tour