Majority native English speaking countries
The UK government classifies the following overseas countries as majority native English speaking:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
If you have studied a degree or postgraduate diploma (taught in English) in one of these countries you will not usually have to present other evidence of English language ability.
No other country may be considered as being ‘majority English speaking’ for visa purposes.
Please visit the international students page for more information regarding visas and immigration for international applications.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.