Award Leader: Politics
MA International Relations – Module Co-ordinator
Several successful completions. Dr Daly is currently a Director of Studies for a PhD on Asian Political Identities. He is particularly interested in supervising topics in the following areas:
- Political philosophy and theory (including international relations theory)
- International Political Economy
- Global ideologies and political identities
- The role of fantasy in political discourse
- The question of Otherness
Dr Daly’s research engages with:
- political philosophy
- political theory
- continental thought
- international political economy
- the functioning of ideology
- the nature and specificity of the political
- Daly, G. (2018) Ideology in a post-truth world. Invited Presentation presented to: Politics and International Relations Research Symposium, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, 25 April 2018.
- Daly, G. (2014) No century for old philosophy. International Journal of Zizek Studies. 8(1), pp. 1-6. 1751-8229.
- Daly, G. (2014) The Quantum infinite: correlationalism, contingency and necessity. International Journal of Zizek Studies. 8(1), pp. 1-24. 1751-8229.
- Daly, G. (2013) International relations and the political economy of truth: choosing another fate. Keynote presented to: Theoretical Perspectives in International Relations, The University of Northampton, 16 April 2013.
- Daly, G. (2012) The Terror of Zizek. Revue Internationale de Philosophie. 66(261), pp. 359-379. 0048-8143.
- Daly, G. (2011) Les avatars du Communisme. In: Badiou, A. and Zizek, S. (eds.) L’idée du Communisme, II: Conférence de Berlin, 2010. Paris: Lignes. 9782355260742. pp. 23-54.
- Daly, G. (2010) Causes for concern: Zizek’s politics of loving terror. International Journal of Žižek Studies. 4(2), pp. 1-23. 1751-8229.
- Daly, G. (2009) Politics of the political: psychoanalytic theory and the Left(s). Journal of Political Ideologies. 14(3), pp. 279-300. 1356-9317.
- Daly, G. (2009) The shrugging of Atlas: capitalism’s new reformation. Invited Keynote presented to: Political Economy: Financialisation and Discourse Theory, University of Cardiff, Wales, 27-28 May 2009. (Unpublished)
- Daly, G. (2008) Ology schmology: a post-structuralist approach. Politics. 28(1), pp. 57-60. 0263-3957.
- Daly, G. (2007) Be impossible, demand the realistic! Invited Presentation presented to: Ethics and Politics of the Real in Organization, Centre for Philosophy and Political Economy, University of Leicester, 21 September 2007. (Unpublished)
- Daly, G. (2007) Hegemony and capital. Invited Presentation presented to: Rethinking Labour: Capital Relations: Class, Discourse, Hegemony Conference, Warwick Business School, University of Warwick, 9 July 2007. (Unpublished)
- Daly, G., Žižek, S. and Badiou, A. (2007) Psychopolitics: beyond the suture. Invited Presentation presented to: Materialism Today Conference, Birkbeck University, London , 22-23 June 2007. (Unpublished)
- Daly, G. (2007) The materialism of spirit – Žižek and the logics of the political. International Journal of Žižek Studies. 1(4) 1751-8229.
- Daly, G. (2006) Politik und das unmögliche: Jenseits von psychoanlyse und dekonstruktion. In: Flatz, C. and Felgitsch, S. (eds.) Dimensionen einer Neuen Kultur des Politischen. Wiesbaden: VS Verlag fur Sozialwissenschaften. pp. 108-135.
- Žižek, S. and Daly, G. (2004) Conversations with Žižek. Cambridge: Polity Press. 0745628974.
- Daly, G. (2004) Radical(ly) political economy: Luhmann, postmarxism and globalization. Review of International Political Economy. 11(1), pp. 1-32. 1466-4526.