Progressing and Influencing Practice
The purpose of the module is to equip students with the knowledge and skills to develop and extend their practice by contextualizing values, principles, and frameworks of care to influence improvements in quality and safety. In the module we will explore the context of health care practice nationally and globally and consider how practice is influenced and progressed within this context including the impact of self and barriers to effective change.
- Increase knowledge and skills to develop and extend your practice
- Participation in a challenging and stimulating environment
- Develop skills required to initiate change in practice
Content will include:
- The context of current health care practice: Commissioning, ethical and legal issues, the ageing population, obesity, politics and policy, risk, governance, stakeholders, quality assurance, hierarchical and tribal working
- Global context and how does it affect the NHS
- Influencing practice in the context of the above
- Decision making and judgement
- Audit and evaluation
Throughout the module there will be a commitment to the integration of evidence-based care, applied research, reflection and inter-disciplinary collaboration, as well as consideration of personal and professional experiences which you bring to the learning environment.
Active blended learning is promoted throughout the modules utilising a combination of taught classroom-based sessions, group online activities and tutorial-based sessions. All teaching and learning activities are designed to scaffold the students learning towards successful attainment of their end point assessment: a presentation and a reflective essay.
2021/22 Tuition Fees
Fees quoted relate to study in the Academic Year 21/22 only and may be subject to inflationary increases in future years.
- Module costs: £830 per 20 credit module
20/21 Tuition Fees
Fees quoted relate to study in the Academic Year 20/21 only and may be subject to inflationary increases in future years.
- Module costs: £825 per 20 credit module
Please contact Karen Edwards for further information about fees for this module.
For further information pertaining to this module please contact Fiona Barchard, module lead Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org.