Assessment and Management of Minor Illness
This module is designed to equip registered allied health professionals from a variety of settings with the underlying principles required to facilitate integrated, autonomous assessment and management of minor illness.
- Integrated and clinically focused module content which supports the development of advanced practice within the scope of minor illness.
- Facilitated by practicing clinicians with additional guest lecturers from relevant specialities.
- A part time module which can be undertaken as a stand-alone option or as part of a full MSc.
This is a 20 credit, level 7 module which utilises an active blended learning approach; with course material delivered across six taught days in addition to registrants participating in online activities.
Module content will include:
- Review of anatomy and physiology pertinent to minor illness.
- Consultation and history taking skills.
- Examination of systems pertinent to minor illness: respiratory, abdominal, neurological, ENT, eyes and dermatology.
- Informed diagnostic reasoning, critical decision making and record keeping.
- Exploration and critical appraisal of evidenced bases management strategies.
- Age related considerations.
- Professional, legal and ethical responsibilities.
Registrants are required to undertake two methods of assessment; structured and timed case-based assessments in addition to a 3000-word portfolio. To successfully complete this module registrants must achieve the minimum pass threshold for both elements of assessment.
2021/22 Tuition Fees
Fees quoted relate to study in the Academic Year 21/22 only and may be subject to inflationary increases in future years.
- Module costs: £830 per 20 credit module
20/21 Tuition Fees
Fees quoted relate to study in the Academic Year 20/21 only and may be subject to inflationary increases in future years.
- Module costs: £825 per 20 credit module
Please contact Karen Edwards for further information about fees for this module.
It can be taken as a stand-alone module or part of MSc Advancing Practice award; Post-graduate Diploma in Advancing Practice; post graduate Certificate in Advancing Practice or MSc Advancing Practice (Top Up).