Booking your Test
The University has the capacity to accommodate approximately 4,000 candidates (OSCE’s) in a year with the centre aiming to have sessions five days a week when demand for placements increases.
Part two of the test costs £794. The cost is the same whether you are an individual or a candidate from a Trust or Agency.
A full refund will be given only if more than three weeks’ notice is given of a cancellation or re-schedule. Refund rates are as follows:
- over 3 weeks of cancellation notice: full refund
- less than 3 weeks cancellation notice: no refund, unless in exceptional circumstances, for which a medical certificate may be requested
No refund will be given for non-attendance or if no prior notice (within the stated time above) of cancellation is given.
Methods of payment
Our booking system will allow for those who pay via debit/credit purchase card to book the slots themselves. To do this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the protected links and the system will ask for mandatory fields of information in order to complete the booking. The University of Northampton will only provide dates of tests for those eligible according to the NMC.
Alternatively those who pay by purchase order or invoice, may request bookings through email@example.com. Please note a copy of the original purchase order and full candidate details will be required in order to confirm a booking. The system will not accept blank, reserved entries, or candidates that are not yet eligible to book.
If you are paying by invoice alone (without a purchase order), please note full payment of the invoice must be made prior to proceeding with the booking. Please take this into account when requesting a booking as this method can take longer to process and therefore availability is likely to change.
Candidates will receive individual, password protected access to our internal learning platform which will provide them with all the information they will need to prepare themselves for the examination.
Please note that we strongly recommend at least 14 days access to the online material in order to help candidates prepare sufficiently for the exam.
Should your candidate need to re-sit a partial re-sit will cost £397 or a full re-sit will cost £794.
What are the potential results?
- PASS: Candidates who pass all six stations
- Partial Fail (APIE): Candidates who on their first attempt, fail one or more APIE stations and pass ALL skills stations. Outcome: Partial Fail and will require a partial re-sit at 50% cost. You will need to sit all APIE stations at your re-sit. You will be required to sit an entirely new scenario.
- Partial Fail (Skills): Candidates who on their first attempt, pass all APIE stations but fail one or both skills stations. Outcome: Partial Fail and will require a partial re-sit at 50% cost. You will need to sit two skills stations at your re-sit. You will be required to sit the station(s) you failed to show competence in. If you failed one skills station, you will be required to re-sit that station and one other.
- Full Fail (1st Attempt): Candidates who fail one or more APIE station and one or more skills station. Outcome: Full Fail and will require full re-sit at full cost. You will need to sit all APIE stations and both skills stations. If you failed one skills station, you will be required to re-sit that station and one other. If you failed two skills stations, you will be required to sit both stations.
- Full Fail (Re-sit): Candidates who fail any station on their re-sit attempt will have to wait for six months to elapse before they can reapply to the NMC.
Re-sit results are always a Pass or a Full Fail and the next OSCE attempt always requires a full re-sit.
Should you need to book a re-sit please allow ten working days between original test date and re-sit to allow for additional preparation and digestion of feedback. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.