Welcome and Induction
Our Welcome and Induction programme is our chance to welcome you to our University community, get to know you and give you a flying start to successful study. The programme will include a 2 hour face to face session on campus, during week commencing 21 September to give you an opportunity to see the campus and meet other students and staff. . We expect you to attend Welcome and Induction on campus and online sessions, to give you the very best start to your time here and to help you settle in quickly to university life. Your Welcome pack includes important information about your programme and the timing of your face to face session.
- timetabled academic orientation programme
- the opportunity to get to know the other students from your programme and your personal tutor
- enabling you to become familiar with the academic study expectations on your chosen programme
- learning about the University of Northampton community
- helping you to find your way around the new Waterside Campus
- an individual session with your Personal Tutor
Welcome and Induction will give you the opportunity to make new friends and feel like a member of our community. You will feel well-prepared to begin studying and know that University staff are here to help and support you.
The Students’ Union work in close partnership with the University of Northampton. Please visit their website for more information about sessions which they run alongside Welcome and Induction
Welcome and Induction is an essential part of your academic orientation and all new students should attend the planned sessions. Please contact your Programme Leader immediately if you are unable to attend any Welcome and Induction sessions.
Our new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.