Before coming to enrol at the University you will need to apply for student funding towards tuition fees and living costs through Student Finance England or your regional funding body (please note that eligibility criteria apply). If you have already applied for funding but you were offered your university place through Clearing, you are advised to contact Student Finance England (or regional funding body) to update your application.

Please be aware that you will not receive your first installment of student funding immediately after you enrol so it would be advisable to bring some money to university with you to cover your essential costs for the first week of term at least. Maintenance loans may take up to five working days to reach your bank account after enrolment.

We offer students the opportunity to apply for a number of bursaries, scholarships and awards which can help with living and course costs. There are also a number of paid employment options that you can explore at the University, such as becoming a Student Ambassador or getting part-time work.

If you have financial problems while you are at the university, or if your Maintenance loan payment is delayed, the Financial Guidance Team may be able to offer you financial assistance. You could be eligible to apply for the following:

  • Financial Assistance Fund – for students who are experiencing ongoing financial difficulties, as well as support towards a diagnostic assessment, DSA top-up, Care Leaver/Foyer Award, and Carers Award
  • Bridging loan – to assist students whose first installment of Maintenance loan is delayed
  • Childcare loan – to assist students whose first installment of Childcare grant is delayed
  • Emergency Loan Fund – may be offered to students who experience unexpected, temporary financial difficulties

The Financial Guidance team are available to help if you have any queries about the type of funding that may be available to you, are having difficulty managing your money or have any financial concerns. The team also have a partnership with Northampton Citizens Advice, if you have a more complex debt or benefit query, to ensure that you are given the best guidance possible. For useful budgeting guidance, please see the UCAS budget calculator.

Paying your own fees

If you intend to pay your own fees, you should ensure that you have the means to make the appropriate payment on the payment due dates. For further information, please see the Paying your own fees section below or visit the Undergraduate Tuition fees page.  To pay any of fees required required from you, or for information on accepted forms of payments, please visit our Finance Payment Portal.

To pay by bank transfer

All tuition fee payments to the University of Northampton must be made in pounds sterling (£). You must pay any bank charges that are associated with the transfer.

When making a payment, you must ask your bank to quote your student number and your full name on the transfer. Your student number can be found on your offer letter or Confirmation of Acceptance to Study (CAS) letter.

The University of Northampton’s bank account details

  • Account name – The University of Northampton
  • Bank name – Lloyds Bank
  • Branch – Abington Branch, Northampton
  • Sort code – 301447
  • Account number – 00051140
  • BIC code – LOYDGB21560
  • IBAN number – GB36LOYD30144700051140

If you require confirmation of payment please email

Support for student care leavers

We understand that most new students may feel a bit uneasy or overwhelmed when they first arrive at university, regardless of their background. We have put in place a range of support services to support your transition to university and also to specifically address the needs of care leavers. If you have any queries, please contact the Student Information Desk in the Learning Hub.

Visit our Support for student care leavers page for more information.

Our Campus