The UON International Scholarship
The University of Northampton is proud to welcome students from across the globe and to recognise the high academic achievements of many of our international student body, we are pleased to offer the International Scholarship. There is no limit to the number of awards, made automatically to students who qualify. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions below.
- You must hold an offer to study a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme (BA, BSc, BEng, MEng, LLB, Joint Honours, MA, MSc, LLM or MBA).
- You must have been assessed as an overseas fee payer. For more detailed information on whether you fall into this category please refer to the UKCISA guide ‘Will I pay Home or Overseas fees?’
- UK and EU nationals who are eligible for a maintenance loan from Student Finance England will not qualify.
- Students studying for a course validated by the University at a partner institution will not qualify.
- Scholarship awards are made in parallel with an application to study at the University.
- Applicants are not required to make a separate application for a scholarship.
- Scholarships are awarded based on the merit of each individual’s application and academic eligibility.
- Applicants will be notified if they have received a scholarship in their offer letter.
- Where an award is conditional, applicants are required to demonstrate that they meet the scholarship conditions outlined in their offer letter.
- Scholarship decisions are final and no further correspondence relating to awards or eligibility will be entered into.
- Any award will take the form of either a 10%, 20%, or 30% reduction in the cost of tuition fees for the full length of the programme of study.
- To accept a scholarship a student must pay £5,000 of their first year tuition fee before being issued with a CAS and the remainder in advance of enrolment.
- If a student is unable to pay their first year tuition fees in full before enrolment they will forfeit their scholarship and the full tuition will become due.
- A change of course to another qualifying programme within the University of Northampton will not affect the continuation of the scholarship. However, if this results in an extra year’s study the scholarship will only be paid for the total length of the first programme they enrolled onto.
- Students who do not satisfy the academic requirements to progress and are required to repeat a year (either full-time or part-time) or resit out of residence will not be eligible for a continuation of the award in the repeat/resit year.
- The scholarship is available for the 2020/21 academic year only. In the case of deferral, withdrawal or restarting a programme, any award that has been offered will be withdrawn and must be re-applied for.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw an award from anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship award if you have any outstanding debt to the University.
- In cases not covered by the above terms and conditions, or where a student claims exceptional circumstances, or disputes, the Chief Operating Officer or his/her nominee will decide on any variations to these terms and conditions, and his/her decision will be final.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.