The Max Engel Memorial Bursary
The Max Engel Memorial Bursary currently awards £1,500 to one student or, in some cases, divided between two or more students. It is intended to assist in undertaking postgraduate study leading to a law based career.
Max Engel was a local solicitor who was highly respected within his profession and the community. Following his death in 2005, Max’s son Richard Engel was instrumental in setting up the bursary. We are proud to have been chosen to administer the Max Engel Memorial Bursary, awarded by the Sudborough Foundation.
- the bursary is not intended as a prize for the best academic achiever, it is intended that it should be awarded to the student who, in the opinion of the Award Panel, is the most deserving of help
- the bursary will be paid upon the successful candidate providing evidence of having commenced the further course of study which the bursary is intended to support
The bursary is open to any final year undergraduate student at the University of Northampton who has at least 200 credits (for example 10 x 20 credit modules) from the undergraduate Law Field module catalogue.
The award panel will take into account:
- academic background
- academic progress made while the student has been at university
- contribution to the life of the University and to the Law Division
- any difficulties which the student has had to overcome in obtaining his or her degree
- any other relevant criteria
- the interview panel will be a sub committee of the Award Panel
- the sub committee will forward their recommendation to the Award Panel who will make the final decision
- in the event of any dispute arising in respect of any aspect of the award of the Max Engel Memorial Bursary, the decision of the Award Panel shall be final
If you would like to apply, send a letter explaining the reasons for your application with reference to the criteria above. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching
- Full range of integrated learning environments
- 24/7 library and learning zone
- Low environmental impact