Sir Thomas White Scholarship
The Sir Thomas White scholarship will support and acknowledge an academically gifted student, with the proviso that the selection panel is confident that there is evidence of financial need.
This generous scholarship will cover tuition fees for the duration of a three year undergraduate course, subject to satisfactory progression. On graduation, the Trustees will pay the recipients fees for their course, via Student Finance England, subject to the terms and conditions being met.
There is also a scholarship of £4,500, which will be paid to one successful recipient in annual payments of £1,500, subject to satisfactory progress.
You can find out more about the Sir Thomas White Charity at www.stwcharitynorthampton.org.uk and you can read about how the Sir Thomas White Scholarship helped Hannah achieve her teaching dreams.
- You must have received an offer to study on a full-time undergraduate programme, and select the University of Northampton as your firm UCAS choice
- Only students who have been permanent residents of the Borough of Northampton for a period of at least five years may apply. For reference, a map of the Borough is available..
- You should have a household income (as assessed by Student Finance England) of £40,000 or less per year
- You must be under the age of 25 at the time of the deadline for applications
- If you fees are covered by an NHS Bursary or another funding body you will not be eligible for this scholarship
Applications will open again in Spring 2021.
Terms and Conditions
For further information please see the Scholarship Terms and Conditions page.