Sir Thomas White Scholarship
The Sir Thomas White scholarship will support and acknowledge an academically gifted student, with the proviso that the selection panel is confident that there is evidence of financial need.
The scholarship is for £4,500, which will be paid to one successful recipient in annual payments of £1,500, subject to satisfactory progress.
Unsuccessful applicants who meet the residence criteria for the award will automatically be considered for an award from the charity which is currently £800 in the first year and £500 in subsequent years, subject to an application being made in future years.
- You must have received an offer to study on a full-time undergraduate programme, and select the University of Northampton as your firm UCAS choice
- Only students who have been permanent residents of the Borough of Northampton for a period of at least five years may apply. For reference, a map of the Borough is available.
- You should have a household income (as assessed by Student Finance England) of £40,000 or less per year
- You must be under the age of 25 at the time of the deadline for applications
- If you fees are covered by an NHS Bursary or another funding body you will not be eligible for this scholarship
Application and deadline
Applications for this scholarship will open again in spring 2022.
Terms and Conditions
For further information please see the Scholarship Terms and Conditions page.