As the leading university for social enterprise, we promote entrepreneurship in a wider context to support students, staff and the local community – by helping them to start and grow the right business solutions to meet their needs. The University’s Enterprise Boost provides a range of services including one-to-one business advice, mentoring, business skills training, access to funding opportunities and networking. A variety of business support initiatives have also been put in place, such as:
- Employer Engagement – We have a variety of ways in which we can work with your business to help you to achieve your goals.
- University of Northampton Business Support Team – a gateway to business support services available throughout the county. Available to all sizes and types of businesses, including social enterprises, our team provides information, advice, guidance and specialist support to established businesses and individuals, and organisations looking to set up a business
- Inspire2Enterprise – which provides a wealth of services for new and existing social enterprises and entrepreneurs throughout the UK and Ireland
In addition, the University has a variety of business and meeting spaces and conferencing facilities available through dedicated centres, including:
- Portfolio Innovation Centre – offering 46 studios and offices for emerging businesses in the design, digital and creative sector
- iCon Environmental Innovation Centre – a beacon for environmental innovation in the UK and beyond, offering a high profile, supportive environment for companies at the forefront of the low carbon sector
- the University of Northampton Innovation Centre – a café and conference space that offers the opportunity to grow a social enterprise in a supportive environment alongside similar businesses
Industry Led Forums
The Northamptonshire Industry Led Forums are powered by the University of Northampton to support Northamptonshire Businesses – across all sectors and sizes. All forums are open to those in the field to share best practice and be updated on a wide range of topics and collaborate on issues. With forums from Logistics to Manufacturing and HR, Health Safety and Wellbeing – there is something for all companies in the county. These forums are industry led and Chaired. For more details please email email@example.com
- Funding of up to £5k available for business collaboration projects – Seek fresh knowledge and expertise
Do you have an idea or project that could be helped by funding of up to £5k from University of Northampton to work with our academics & facilities? Our Business Innovation Grant of up to £5k (redeemable only within University of Northampton) to help you develop new products, processes, services, gain new insights and help develop your business. This could give you up to 10 days of an academic’s time to work with you on a project and access our resources.
Open to businesses in the local area to work together with academics from the University of Northampton to boost growth and development of ideas. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Enterprise Inc is a funding and support scheme open to full or part time students, recent graduates and academics in the East Midlands who are planning to start a business. Further information is available from the Enterprise Boost.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) are a UK wide programme which enables businesses and organisations to benefit from the skills of academic staff and graduates.
KTPs are partly funded by the government and the cost of a KTP depends on the duration of your project and the size of your organisation. To find out more about how your organisation can benefit from a Knowledge Transfer Partnership with the University of Northampton please email email@example.com.
Higher and Degree Apprenticeships
Our Higher and Degree apprenticeships are specifically designed with industry to respond to high level skills gaps, bringing together the very best in higher and vocational education. Our apprenticeships will enable your employees to study for a higher level qualification and gain professional recognition, while applying their learning to your real-world projects in the workplace. If you think degree apprenticeships can help shape the future of your business, please get in touch. Find out more.
- How to do ‘good stuff’ when buying things. A handbook for Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) (PDF 2MB)
- Business 2 Business form (Word 55 KB)
- University of Northampton Social Impact Report 2016-2017
- University of Northampton Social Impact Report 2015-2016
- University of Northampton Social Impact Report 2014-2015
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.