COVID-19 Updates: For advice and updates for staff, students, and applicants who may have concerns about the coronavirus outbreak please visit our Situation Updates page.

What type of Visa do I need?

Most types of immigration permission allow you to study in the UK.

If your main purpose for coming to the UK is to study on a full-time course including the Pre-sessional English Programme then you should apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa.

If your main purpose for coming to the UK is to study on either a short course for less than 6 months or to study on the Pre-sessional English Programme for less than 11 months (if you are not planning on doing a further course in the UK) or carry out a period of research as part of a distance learning degree then you should apply for a short-term study visa.

If you are unsure which visa you should apply for or whether your current visa permits you to study then please contact for advice.


Our brand new £330 million campus.

  • Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
  • Full range of integrated learning environments.
  • 24/7 library and learning zone.
  • Low environmental impact.

Now Open

Discover the campus

360° Tour