Julian is the subject leader of SEN and Inclusion and the programme leader for the National Award in Special Educational Needs Coordination. Special areas of interest for Julian, in a teaching and research capacity, include the promotion of inclusive attitudes through professional development and school improvement. He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a member of the Northampton PATOSS group and holds an SpLD Assessment Practising Certificate.
Prior to joining Northampton in 2010, Julian spent fifteen years in primary, middle, secondary and special-school classrooms in a diverse range of roles from supporting learners, as a teaching assistant, to managing provision and supporting colleagues as a teacher, SENCo and Senior Leader.
- MA in Education (Distinction), University of Northampton
- PGCE Primary, De Montfort University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education, University of Northampton
- OCR Level 7 Diploma in Assessing and Teaching Learners with Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia) University of Northampton
- OCR Level 7 Certificate in Assessing and Teaching Learners with Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia) University of Northampton
- Certificate in Professional Studies in Education (SENCo standards) University College Northampton (UCN)
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Hons), Millersville University, Pennsylvania, USA
- OCR Level 4 Award in the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice