Occupational English Test (OET) Language Preparation Course
6 weeks and 12 weeks full time
January, February, April, June
Get in touch
For questions regarding study and admissions please contact us:
UK/EU Students enquiries
International Students enquiries
The Occupation English Test (OET) is an international English language test designed to assess the language communication skills of healthcare professionals who seek to register and practise in an English-speaking environment. It is formally recognised by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and the General Medical Council (GMC). The tests your English using real healthcare scenarios, so you’ll be learning the language you need every day at work.
This course familiarises you with the exam skills, language skills, strategies, English vocabulary and grammatical structures needed to take the test. You will be trained in all sections of the exam and have the opportunity to carry out exam practice. There will also be lots of language development and opportunities for you to practice the language you’re learning with authentic projects.
- Fees for one OET exam are included in the price
- Intensive language development and exam preparation each day from a recognised OET preparation provider.
- Study using authentic test materials.
- Benefit from regular personalised feedback.
- Small group sizes no larger than 20 students.
- 20 hours a week of taught sessions to make sure you’re fully prepared when you take the test.
- For more information on how to apply
The advantage of this course is that it helps you develop your English language in real-life work situations, meaning you’ll feel confident using English in your work place.
Even if your English is very good, we highly recommend you take our exam preparation course so you can familiarise yourself with the exam and achieve the best possible result.
Please note the modules shown here relate to the academic year 22/23. The modules relating to the academic year 23/24 will be available from June 2023.
English Language Requirements
All International and EU students applying for a course with us must meet the following minimum English language requirements:
- Students with IELTS level of 6.5, with no skill below 6.5 to enrol on one 6-week block.
- Students with IELTS level of 6.0, with no skill below 6.0 would need to take a minimum of two 6-week blocks.
For information regarding English language requirements at the University, please see our IELTS page.
20/21 Tuition Fees
- 6 week £2,000
- 12 week £3,400