Our Graduate Discount Scheme
UON Graduate Scheme
The discount scheme is open to graduates of the University of Northampton (UON) who enrol on a full Master’s or doctoral programme with us. Qualifying students will receive a 20% discount on the full tuition fee for their course.
To qualify for this discount, a student must hold a UON qualification listed under ‘Qualifying Students’ in section one below.
UK, EU and International students are eligible for the discount.
The 20% Alumni discount is not allowable in association with any other discount, scholarship or bursary awarded by UON – including International Scholarships and any specifically agreed fee that is less than the full fee rate for the course.
Other terms and conditions apply.
1. Qualifying students
If you have completed any of the following awards (including one-year top-up awards) with UON you will qualify for 20% discount, provided that your course is included in the discount scheme in section two below:
- *Foundation Degree (FD)
The discount only applies to qualifying postgraduate courses included in section two.
Please note that no other UON awards qualify for 20% Masters Discount.
*Note: HNC, HND, FD and NVQ4 award holders cannot progress directly on to a postgraduate course unless they meet the entry qualification for the course (normally BA/BSc honours degree or equivalent level of qualification). If you have an entry qualification for the Master’s course that you achieved elsewhere. you may still be eligible for the discount if you hold a HNC, HND, FD or NVQ4 award from UON.
**Note: Holders of UON Masters degrees are eligible for the alumni discount if they progress on to a research degree (PhD, DBA, DProfPrac, MPhil).
You must be paying the full tuition fee for your course to qualify for the discount.
You can only receive the discount once. Students who received the 10% discount for a previous Master’s course at UON will not be entitled to receive the discount again if they go on to do another Master’s course.
2. Qualifying Postgraduate Programmes
The postgraduate courses included in the discount scheme are:
- Master’s – full MA and MSc, LLM, MBA
- Postgraduate research degrees – PhD, DBA, DProfPrac, MPhil
- All modes of attendance – full-time, part-time and distance learning
- Self-paying or sponsored students paying full fees
The discount does not apply to:
- Professional programmes (CIM, CIPD, CIM, ACCA, CIMA, PG Certificate etc)
- PG Certificates, PG Diploma, PGCE
- NHS contracted programmes
- Corporate contracts and collaborative agreements with other providers
- Any postgraduate programme other than MA, MSc or MBA, PhD, DBA, DProfPrac or MPhil
Terms and Conditions
- To be eligible for the discount, you must meet the criteria for a ‘qualifying student’ and have no outstanding debts with UON.
- The discount only applies to qualifying postgraduate courses included in section two above.
- Postgraduate courses excluded from the scheme at section two above do not qualify for the discount.
- The discount is not available for professionally accredited courses: ACCA, CIMA, CIM Professional Dip. CIPD Professional PG Dip, PGCE.
- The discount only applies to the tuition fee element of the course – it does not apply to any associated costs such as learning materials, field trips, studies levies, clothing, accommodation etc.
- The discount is not available in conjunction with any other UON discount, scholarship or bursary scheme. NHS contracted courses and other courses with specially agreed fees do not qualify for the discount scheme.
- No cash alternatives will be offered and the discount cannot be transferred to any other nominated recipient or deferred to a future academic year.
- The discount is available for all modes of attendance. Part-time and distance learning students and full-time PhD and MPhil students will receive the discount for the duration of their course.
- Verification of qualifying status will be confirmed by the student record system. You may be required to present your UON (including UCN etc.) certificate for verification of your qualifying status.
For information on the Alumni Changemaker discount, please visit the information page.