Classification and retention of University records
The University’s chosen classification and disposal schedule for the retention of its records is based on the ‘Study of the records lifecycle’ produced by JISC.
For advice on how long to retain your records in accordance with the University’s retention schedule, please see the specific components below. They are arranged by function and have been further divided by activity for ease of use.
Policy Procedure and Strategy
Teaching and Research
Student Administration and Support
- Public Relations Management
- Media Relations Management
- HE Sector Relations Management
- Community Relations Management
- Alumni Relations Management
- Strategic Planning and Performance Management – class no longer in use, please see Strategy and Planning
- Risk Management
- Audit and Quality Management
- Audit – class no longer in use, please see Audit and Quality Management
- Legal Affairs and Compliance Management
- Government Relations Management
- HE Regulator Relations Management
- Student Union Relations Management
- Organisational Development
- Health and Safety Management
- Environmental Management
- Estates Management
- Finance Management
- Human Resources (Personnel) Management
- Information Resources Management
- Intellectual Property Management – class no longer in use, please see Legal Affairs and Compliance Management
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Systems Management
- Equipment and Consumables Management
- Insurance Management
- Internal Services Management
Human Rights Management
If you require further information or help please contact the Records Management Office.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.