Change of Approval
Change of Approval refers to the processes by which existing programmes and modules are revised and updated. It also refers to the introduction of new modules, new named pathways and the introduction of new modes of delivery to existing programmes. It does not refer to the approval of new programmes and in such cases the Validation Handbook should be consulted.
The University believes revisions to programmes and modules to be the signs of healthy and developing curricula, which are responsive to the needs of:
- Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies (PSRBs)
- Collaborative Provision partners and delivery organisations
- University staff (both academic and professional services)
All Change of Approval processes at the University are underpinned by the following principles:
- Students (and applicants holding offers of places where applicable) are demonstrably consulted and informed about Changes of Approval as appropriate.
- Ensuring the continued alignment of programmes and modules with the University’s Strategic Plan and Changemaker Plus.
- Ensuring the programmes and modules continue to meet relevant external benchmarks and requirements.
- Applying approval processes proportionate to the level of change required.
- External scrutiny is applied to proposed changes as appropriate.
All proposals for Changes of Approval are considered in a timely manner and meet the requirements of the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA).
It is not permissible to consider Changes of Approval through the Periodic Subject Review process.
For Type B and Type C Changes of Approval to be implemented during the 2022-23 academic year, the final deadlines for the submission of COAP Forms to the Quality Unit are:
- Levels 5 and 6: 1 December 2021
- Levels 4, 7 and 8: 1 February 2022
All COAP Forms should be submitted to the Quality Unit via the Quality Officer for the relevant Faculty. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Below are the 2021-22 dates for the Type C Change of Approval Panels (dates in brackets refer to when the documentation for consideration must be submitted by):
- 21 September 2021 (14 September 2021)
- 19 October 2021 (12 October 2021)
- 11 November 2021 (4 November 2021)
- 7 December 2021 (30 November 2021)
- 11 January 2022 (4 January 2022)
- 25 January 2022 (18 January 2022)
- 8 February 2022 (1 February 2022)
- 15 March 2022 (8 March 2022)
For more detailed guidance, please see the Change of Approval Handbook.
General queries in relation to Change of Approval processes can be sent to email@example.com.