Board of Governors
Status of the Board
The Board of Governors are the members of the Higher Education Corporation and are governors and charitable trustees. They are drawn from the private, public and voluntary sectors as well as from the staff and students of the University.
The Board of Governors is responsible for:
- the determination of the educational character and mission of the University and for oversight of its activities
- the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the University and the corporation and the safeguarding of their assets
- approving annual estimates of income and expenditure
- the appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts
- setting the framework for the pay and conditions of other staff
- the assignment and appraisal of the senior post holders
For further information, see the Board’s Statement of Primary Responsibilities.Board of Governors’ Membership
“The University of Northampton is about what you can do to change the world around you.”
“The University is forging new ground for universities in social impact.”
“If you get involved, you can really make a difference.”
These are words from our current governors. If you want to be part of a University whose mission is to transform lives and inspire change, then consider joining the University of Northampton’s Board of Governors.
As a governor and trustee, you will help to lead the development of the University, overseeing its strategy and long-term future. You will bring your skills, experience and a broader perspective help the University ensure that it continues to fulfil its mission. In return you will build your professional profile and networks, working alongside a strong and supportive team of your fellow governors and staff.
We seek a diverse range of skills derived from a range of occupations and professions, and from candidates at different points in their careers.
We value diversity and the range and depth that it brings to our University. As we are keen to diversify the membership of the Board, applications from women, those with BME backgrounds, with declared disabilities, and LBGTIQ candidates are warmly received.
For further information about the University and becoming a governor please email email@example.com. We are not currently seeking applications, however, we are always keen to hear from those who would be interested in joining the Board in the future.
Board positions are voluntary. Reasonable expenses are reimbursed, which could include cover for caring responsibilities.