Apply Now with UCAS Extra
If you haven’t received or accepted any offers for a university, there’s no need to panic. You can still apply for available UCAS Extra courses and discover your ideal degree programme quickly and easily.
If you did not use all your choices in your initial application, you can sign in to your UCAS application and add another choice, as long as it’s before 30 June, and you’ve not accepted or declined any offers.
If you don’t hold any offers after 5 July, you will be able to add an additional choice using Clearing.
What is UCAS Extra?
If you have already applied through UCAS, using all five choices on your application and aren’t holding any offers, you might be able to apply through UCAS Extra for another course.
In UCAS Extra, you can apply for any course for free. There’s no limit to the number of choices you can add to your application via UCAS Extra, but only one can be considered at a time. This gives you another opportunity to gain a place on a college or university course you’re interested in. You can apply for one course at a time using Track on the UCAS website.
When can I use UCAS Extra 2021?
You can apply for any course with vacancies via UCAS Extra 2021 from 25 February. The UCAS Extra deadline is 4 July 2021.
If you are not holding any offers after 5 July 2021, you will be able to use Clearing to add an additional choice. You can find out more about Clearing on our dedicated Clearing page.
Am I Eligible for UCAS Extra?
To use UCAS Extra you need to have:
- already made five choices
- received decisions from all these choices, and
- either had no offers or declined all the offers you have received.
If you have not used all your available choices in your initial application and you haven’t accepted or declined any offers, you can add another choice on your application before 30 June 2021. Applicants who originally only applied to one choice will have to pay a £6 application fee to add more choices. You can browse our available courses on our website.
How do I add UCAS extra courses?
Applying for new courses with UCAS Extra couldn’t be simpler:
- Login to UCAS and use the ‘Show courses with vacancies’ filter to conduct your UCAS Extra course search.
- Contact the university to check if they are able to consider your application.
- Add the details of the new course to your application. You may wish to add a new personal statement if your choice is a new subject.
- Wait to hear back from the university. They will consider your application and let you know their decision via UCAS. If you haven’t heard from them after 21 days, you will have the option to add another choice to replace them.
- Reply to the offer by the deadline shown on your UCAS homepage. If you accept, you won’t be able to apply to any more UCAS Extra courses. If you decline, you can add another choice.