Northampton Energy Elite Athlete Scholarship
New for 2021/22, the University of Northampton is offering 15 places on our Northampton Energy Elite Athlete Scholarship Programme. This scheme offers the student athlete a support network enabling them to balance the demands of performance sport with academic study.
As part of the programme, successful Athletes will be provided with the following:
- Performance testing up to three times across the year – this will include detailed movement screening aimed around injury prevention
- Strength and conditioning – up to three weekly slots will be made available for individualised S&C provision. Individual programmes can be created where required by university staff or existing programmes from National Governing Bodies (NGBs) can be overseen and supervised
- Weekly rehabilitation clinics
- Nutrition workshops – Athletes will gain an insight into the importance of good nutrition and practical advice to ensure that they stay healthy and are able to train and compete to the level they require
- Media training – Athletes will receive a range of tailored training to develop their skillset in relation to the image they portray across various media platforms to ensure they remain on brand with the university, develop their athletic profile and relay important messages and updates to a wider audience
- Flexible learning options to balance study and sport
- University of Northampton training kit
The scholarship is aimed at student athletes competing at a county standard or above. In team sports, they should have competed to an academy standard. Students can be enrolled on an undergraduate or postgraduate programme.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the online application form.
You will also need to provide a personal statement, evidence of sporting performance, and a reference from a coach or National Governing Body.Apply online
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is 23 August 2021.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com