Northampton Energy Elite Athlete Scholarship
Established in 2021/22, the University of Northampton is offering 15 places on our Northampton Energy Elite Athlete Scholarship Programme; this scheme offers the student athlete a support network enabling them to balance the demands of performance sport with academic study.
As a TASS (Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme) dual career accredited site, successful Student Athletes will be provided with the following:
- Performance testing up to three times across the year – this will include detailed movement screening aimed around injury prevention
- Strength and conditioning – up to three weekly slots will be made available for individualised S&C provision. Individual programmes can be created where required by university staff or existing programmes from National Governing Bodies (NGBs) can be overseen and supervised
- Weekly rehabilitation clinics
- Nutrition workshops – Athletes will gain an insight into the importance of good nutrition and practical advice to ensure that they stay healthy and are able to train and compete to the level they require
- Media training – Athletes will receive a range of tailored training to develop their skillset in relation to the image they portray across various media platforms to ensure they remain on brand with the university, develop their athletic profile and relay important messages and updates to a wider audience
- Flexible learning options to balance study and sport
- University of Northampton training kit
The scholarship is aimed at student athletes competing at a county standard or above. In team sports, they should have competed to an academy standard. Students can be enrolled on an undergraduate or postgraduate programme.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the online application form.
You will also need to provide a personal statement, evidence of sporting performance, and a reference from a coach or National Governing Body.
Applications for this scholarship are now open for 2023/24 academic year; the deadline to apply is 2 January 2023.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Kinetics’ mission is to increase the knowledge, enhance the performance, and improve the health and fitness of all people around the globe by developing and delivering authoritative information about physical activity and sport.
The Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS) is a Sport England funded partnership between talented athletes, education institutions and national governing bodies of sport.
Northamptonshire Sport leads on encouraging more people to be more physically active in the county by supporting district/borough authorities, voluntary sector organisations, charities, HE/FE, health and many others in reducing inactivity and increasing participation in sport.
Northampton Leisure Trust operates a number of facilities under the Trilogy brand to provide sport (and development), leisure, play and cultural cinema opportunities for the communities of Northampton and its surrounding areas.