Students who are responsible for the care of a relative due to disability or chronic/ terminal illness may be eligible to apply for a Carers’ award of £1,000.
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- you are a ‘Home’ student enrolled on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at the University of Northampton. EU and International students are not eligible to apply for this award
- you must be responsible for the care of a relative due to disability, chronic/terminal illness, mental health problems or similar
- you must provide care for this relative on a full-time basis
- you must have been in receipt of Carers Allowance prior to enrolling on your course or be able to provide proof that you are a carer
How to Apply
To apply, you must complete a Carers Award application form and include supporting evidence. Applications for this fund in the 2018/19 academic year are expected to open from October 2018.
The maximum award available is £1,000. If you are struggling financially, you may also be eligible to apply for the Financial Assistance Fund.
You may be eligible to apply for this award in future academic years, however this is subject to funds being made available and is not guaranteed. The Financial Guidance Team will contact all eligible students who have previously applied with further details.
The deadline for the Carers Award in the 2018/19 academic year is 19 July 2019 (subject to funds remaining available).
If you have any queries please contact the Financial Guidance Team at email@example.com.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching
- Full range of integrated learning environments
- 24/7 library and learning zone
- Low environmental impact