Care Leavers / Estranged Student Accommodation Award
Financial support at University of Northampton
If you are from a care background or an estranged student and studying a full time undergraduate course with us, you may be eligible to access a fully funded place in our Halls of Residence for the academic year 2023/24. This Award will be funding up to 5 places in Halls of Residence.
The Care Leavers/ Estranged Student Accommodation Award allows care leavers or estranged students to apply for a place in any of our Halls of Residence for a full 52-week contract, totally free of charge for their first year of study.
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- you are beginning the first academic year of your course in 2023/24
- you are under the age of 25 on the first day of the first academic year of your course (1 September for courses starting in the autumn term)
- you are a ‘Home’ student enrolled on a full-time undergraduate course at the University of Northampton. EU and International students are not eligible to apply for this award
- you must have been in care, or under a care order, for a period of at least thirteen weeks since the age of 14 or you are from a Foyer. (You must provide a supporting letter from your Local Authority or support worker to confirm this), or be an estranged student as defined by Student Finance England
- you must not be living with parents or receiving any financial support from parents
How to Apply for the award
Applications are open now; to apply, you must download and complete an application form. You must have the University of Northampton as your firm choice on UCAS in order to receive access to this portal and apply for accommodation. Applicants will be required to provide supporting evidence of their care experience or confirmation of their SFE assessment as an estranged student. If you are eligible for the Award, you will not need to pay a deposit for Halls of Residence.Download the application form
Although our accommodation application process does not have an official deadline, places in Halls of Residence are limited, and for all students are based on a first come-first served basis. Due to this, we encourage applicants for this award to apply for their accommodation as soon as they are able to. The deadline for the Accommodation Award is 30 September 2023 (please note applications may close earlier if all places have been allocated by this point).
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.