Forward Error Correction Code for Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) wireless communication system.
A reliable wireless communication channel is amongst the most important issues in a wireless network. Due to its nature, a reliable wireless communication channel is a challenge to provide. Wireless channel diversity is an efficient technique to achieve reliable transmission. Multi-antenna exploits spatial diversity as a method that has been proved to drastically increase channel capacity while keeping bit error rates (BER) near Shannon limits.
The aim of this research is to design or improve a FEC code algorithm for wireless communication network. This algorithm will be combine with MIMO system and be able to detect and correct the corrupted data in order to decrease the BER and increase wireless channel efficiency.
- Al Barrak, A., Al-Sherbaz, A., Kanakis, T. and Crockett, R. G. M. (2017) Enhancing BER performance limit of BCH and RS codes using multipath diversity. Computers. 6(2) 2073-431X.
- Al Barrak, A., Al-Sherbaz, A., Kanakis, T. and Crockett, R. G. M. (2017) Utilisation of multipath phenomenon to improve the performance of BCH and RS codes. In: 8th Computer Science & Electronic Engineering Conference. New York: IEEE. 978-1-5090-2050-8. pp. 6-11.
- Al Barrak, A., Al-Sherbaz, A., Kanakis, T. and Crockett, R. G. M. (2015) Network coding/forward error correction code for multiple-input multiple-output wireless communication system. Workshop presented to: 8th Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) Postgraduate Research Conference 2015: Innovation, Manchester Metropolitan University, 05 November 2015. (Unpublished)
- Participation in Northampton Graduate School Postgraduate Research Conference 2014.
- A Publication in the 8th MMU Postgraduate Research Conference at Manchester Metropolitan University 2015.
Alyaa Al-Barrak is currently a research student at the Department of Computing and Immersive Technologies. Her research interests error correction techniques for wireless communication system.
Alyaa works as classroom assistant in Northampton university since October 2015 and Employability Advisor/Social Media Developer in diversiti UK Learning and Development C.I.C since 2014 till now.