- 06/1981 BA. (Honours), Electrical Sciences; Sidney Sussex College, University of Cambridge.
- 02/1985 MA; Sidney Sussex College, University of Cambridge.
- 11/1985 PhD. Electrostatic Damage to Semiconductor Devices. University of Southampton.
- 06/1994 MSc. Energy Conservation and the Environment. Cranfield University.
- 06/1995 MPhil. Energy System Modelling. Cranfield University.
- 09/1994 – 02/1995 Research Officer, Department of Applied Energy, School of Mechanical Engineering, Cranfield University.
- 10/1985 – 12/1988 Post-Doctoral Research Assistant, Polymer Physics Group, Physics Department, QMUL, University of London.
- 04/1985 – 09/1985 Post-Doctoral Research Assistant, Electronics & Electrical Engineering Department, University of Glasgow.
- 01/1982 – 12/1984 Research Assistant, Electrical Engineering Department, University of Southampton.
Professional Memberships / Qualifications
- 01/1995 CPhys, MInstP: Member of the Institute of Physics (IOP)
- 02/2000 CMath, MIMA: Member of the Institute of Mathematics & its Applications (IMA)
- 11/2004 CSci: Science Council / Institute of Physics
- 04/2007 American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- 09/2008 European Geosciences Union (EGU)
- 01/2011 R Foundation
- 07/2013 Analysts Informal Working Group (AIWG)
- Professors and Readers Forum
- Science Research Degrees Board
- School of Science and Technology Research and Enterprise Committee
- Environmental Management Board of Studies
- Environmental Science Board of Studies
- Examination/Progression Boards
- Field Chair, Mathematics
- Senior School Academic Misconduct Officer, School of Science and Technology
- ENV2036 – Research Methods
- ENV4101 – Environmental Science Dissertation
- ENV4102 – Environmental Science Dissertation
- ENV4103 – Environmental Science Dissertation
- ENV4107 – Environmental Science Dissertation
- ENVM002 – Research Methods
- ENVM003 – Applied Project
- ENVM026 – Sustainable Urban Environments
- ENVM010 – Energy Resource Management
- ENVM011 – Environmental Management Research Thesis Supervision
- Research Student Supervision
- Bespoke Training on R computational statistics software
Roles and Posts
- Honorary (Visiting) Research Associate, CEESR, Kingston University
- Leader, R Users and Data Exploration Group
- Deputy Director, Radon Research Group
- Co-ordinator, University Radon Network
- 2009 onwards, Session Convenor, EGU (Annual) General Assemblies
- 09/2010 onwards, Scientific Secretary (Short Courses), EGU Natural Hazards Division
Activity and Interests
- Tidal geophysical phenomena
- Development of novel techniques for data analysis
- Climate indices, standardised precipitation indices