Over 3,000 students will be graduating from the University of Northampton this summer, with 2,000 due to celebrate with family members and friends at the annual Summer Graduation ceremonies taking place over the course of four days starting on Tuesday 16 July.
Alongside the University graduands, six inspirational individuals will receive Honorary Awards at the Royal & Derngate formalities. The prestigious figures will be presented with the awards based on their outstanding contribution in their field and the influence they have on the county.
The Rt Hon, The Lord Heseltine of Thenford, CH, Mr Paul Southworth, Dr Marie Dickie and Mr Ed Baines will be the latest recipients awarded with Honorary Fellowships at this year’s Summer Graduation by members of the University faculty. Two Doctorate awards will be presented to Allan Fraser-Rush and Michael Morpurgo.
Six members of staff from the University of Northampton will also be receiving awards:
- John Fox will receive a BA Applied Criminal Justice Studies on Wednesday 17 July,
- Victoria Wright will receive her MSc in Leadership for Health & Social Care on Thursday 18 July ,
- Christopher Talbot will receive his PhD on Thursday 18 July,
- Jane Murray and Judy Sayers are being awarded their PhDs on Thursday 18 July,
- Leigh Chia will receive his PhD on Friday 19 July.
For the first time, students will also be graduating from the following courses:
- BA Music Practice & Production
- FdA Graphic Design
- BA Sports Marketing
- Joint Honours Social Enterprise Development
- Joint Honours Web Design
- BA International Business Communication
- BSc Psychology & Counselling
- BSc Sport & Exercise Psychology
- MA Transpersonal Counselling & Psychotherapy
- BSc Physical Activity & Health
The University of Northampton will once again be web streaming the event for those who are unable to attend, in collaboration with StreamExchange. The ceremonies can be viewed online atwww.northampton.ac.uk/graduationlive