Wednesday 16 May 2018
It’s the Mental Health Foundation’s ‘Mental Health (MH) Awareness Week’ this week (14-20 May), but teams at the University of Northampton are busy all year round hosting events and awareness and training sessions spotlighting mental health.
Catch up with what’s been happening on campus:
- ‘The Beast from the East’ didn’t stop our committed Mental Health Nursing students taking the lead and organising the University’s own, annual MH awareness week
- Our MH Nursing subject team have been rolling out MH First Aid training to staff and students
- MH Nursing lecturers Emma Dillon and Rachel Beckett travelled to a health conference in Finland and blogged about the experience
- Our MH students also welcomed to ‘first ever’s’ – students from Bermuda who are the first in the UK to train as MH specialists. Say hi to Janai and Lee
- Our partner hospital, St. Andrew’s Healthcare, are hosting a careers day on Thu 17 May and our MH team will be there supporting them and talking about the brilliance of MH nursing
We are also hosting a series of activities for staff and students, including massage therapy and a mental health bootcamp.