The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) has confirmed the quality and standards of provision at the University of Northampton following its review in October 2015.
A team of QAA reviewers visited the University and judged that:
- The setting and maintenance of the academic standards of awards meet UK expectations.
- The quality of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
- The quality of the information about learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
- The enhancement of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
University of Northampton Vice Chancellor, Professor Nick Petford said: “In 2015 the University of Northampton launched a strategic plan that maps our vision to ensure our student experience is outstanding, and that our teaching and learning is driven by a mission to provide the best possible opportunities for those who study with us. The findings of this latest report by the Quality Assurance Agency confirms that we are a university committed to achieving the highest possible standards of education provision, and we are particularly pleased that our substantial engagement with employers and activities dedicated to enhancing student employability were singled out for praise.
“As a university we are striving to strengthen the things we do really well to create a university that gives students the skills that employers’ value. This is how the University and our graduates, through their future activities, transform lives and inspire change for the benefit of society.”
The QAA review identifies a number of examples of good practice. These include:
- Programme design workshops, which include comprehensive engagement with a wide range of stakeholders and support innovation in curriculum design
- A wide range of, and integrated approach to, development and support for academic staff, including those at delivery organisations
- A range of extra and co-curricular initiatives to enhance students’ employability and social entrepreneurship skills.
QAA’s Higher Education Reviews are carried out by experts from the higher education. Every review team includes a student reviewer, because QAA believes that students should be partners in the quality assurance of their education.
A successful review means that the University can display the QAA Quality Mark, indicating to UK and international students that the University meets national requirements for standards and quality.
The review can be seen on the QAA website.