EU Settlement Scheme

Brexit Settlement Scheme for the EU

The following information is for current and future students from the EU, EEA and Switzerland and their eligible family members.

Please note, this does not apply to Irish citizens who should instead refer to information on the Common Travel Area.

You may already be aware that the UK left the EU on 31 January 2020. The UK was then in a transition period until 31 December 2020. Please read the information below to find out what you need to do to continue or to start studying with us.

Students who were not in the UK by 11pm on the 31 December 2020

If you were not living in the UK by this date, you will be required to apply for permission to enter the UK under the Student route. You will need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the University in order to make a Student Visa application. Further information on the Student route can be found on the and UKCISA website. Please contact if you have any questions about applying for a Student Visa.

To request a CAS from the University, please contact

Students who were in the UK by 11pm on the 31 December 2020

If you were living in the UK before the end of the transition period, you will be able to continue to reside, study and work in the UK.

If you intend to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021, you will be required to apply under the EU Settlement Scheme. The application is free and the deadline for applying is 30 June 2021. Failure to apply by this date will mean that you will no longer have permission to remain in the UK.

The quickest and easiest way to apply is via the “EU Exit: ID Document Check” App available to download on an iPhone (7 or above) or an Android mobile phone. You will need to have your passport or national identity card available to scan. Alternatively, you can send your identity documents by post or book an appointment to scan your identity documents in person. Please visit the gov website for more information.

The UKCISA website also include lots of useful information about this.

If you require further guidance on applying under the EU Settlement Scheme, please contact

Family members

Your family members may also be eligible to apply under the EU Settlement Scheme. Please visit the and UKCISA website for further information.

If you have already been granted EU Settled or Pre-settled status

If you have already been granted EU Settled or Pre-settled status and have not provided International Student Support Services with this information, please follow the instructions below.

You will need to send us a ‘share code’ so that we can check your status online. The process is very straight forward, and should only take approximately 10 minutes. To verify your status, please do so through the online gov form. There is a section within this online form that states, “Share your status with someone.” Please include the following email address

We understand that the changes in the UK leaving the EU may affect our students and want to ensure that you are prepared for these changes and understand what you are required to do. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at

Our Campus