Key dates and information for International Applicants
Important dates and information.
At the University of Northampton we offer three start dates a year; in January, June and September, so you can start your studies at a time that suits you. Please be aware that courses may close once full, so early application is recommended and you should check for updates posted on this page.
For information on the additional support we can offer you as an international student, please visit our international student support pages.
Important information regarding visa applications
Please be aware that UKVI is prioritising Ukraine Visa Scheme applications and as a result other applications are taking longer to process. It is important that you apply for your visa as early as possible, so you can join us for your studies at the start of term. Check the student visa gov pages for the latest information.
As a result of longer than normal visa processing times many of our important deadlines are earlier than in previous years.
Three courses will start in June 2022:
- Master of Business Administration MBA
- Master of Business Administration MBA (with Placement)
- Project Management MSc (placement option and non-placement options available)
All places on courses starting in June are now full. Only applicants who have either paid or informed us of their intention to pay their deposit are now being processed.
- 9 June – Arrival
- 9 – 10 June – Enrolment and Orientation
- 13 June – Teaching starts
- 4 July – last date of enrolment
- 5 July – Applications closed for new direct applicants and for applicants who have not yet received an offer. If you have not received an offer and wish to be considered for the next available intake please submit a new application through the applicant portal. *+
- 15 July – New applications received via official representatives and overseas offices of the University close. * +
- 1 August – Closure of intake/Deadline to meet all offer conditions. * +
Conditional offer holders must have met all offer conditions by sending us requested documentation by the 1st of August deadline.
If you are a current conditional offer holder and do not think you will be able to meet this deadline, you can request to defer your offer now by emailing email@example.com.
Offer holders whose results are due after 1 August should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss their options.
15 August – Acceptance Deadline (deposit deadline). *+
*+ Applications from existing UON students, applications received via UCAS, applications that have been referred to faculty and those not requiring a Student Route visa will continue to be considered until 22 September.
Arrival and Enrolment*
- 21 September – Arrival and orientation
- 22 September – First day of enrolment
- 26 September – Teaching starts
- 17 October – Last possible date of arrival and enrolment
* Please note that some programmes in our Faculty of Health Education and Society begin earlier. Please check your offer letter for details.
How to apply
It is important to make sure you send all available documents when you apply. This will help us make a decision more quickly.
- Copies of all educational certificates and transcripts achieved to date
- Evidence of your English language competence
- A personal statement (SOP)
- A reference
Delay in sending any of these documents may prevent you from joining us on your preferred start date.
Further information on the application process and documents required can be found on our how to apply pages.
If you live outside of the UK and are successful in your application it is important you give yourself enough time to complete the application process, confirm your place, apply for a student visa and travel to the UK.